Chapter 16: NIGHT AND BLOOD

Before going back to the story, the scene shows future Ruby with Summer. There was then a light knock at the door, and they turn to see Yang entering.

Summer: Hi, Auntie Yang.

Yang: Hey there, little rose. Still awake?

Summer: Mommy's telling a story. The one about finding Uncle Sora.

Yang: Oh yeah, and where your daddy fought the evil dragon. Speaking of (turns to Ruby) Weiss and Blake called. They said the mission went good, and Arc will be arriving home soon.

Ruby: (smiles) Good. I know two children who want him back.

Yang: Is Connor giving you a rough time again?

Ruby: (rubs her belly) As always.

Back when she was pregnant with Summer, it was evident that she was an active child. Especially considering both her parents had passed the Speedster trait. Ruby was use to the speed after Summer, but that doesn't mean she still doesn't feel some discomfort from it every now and then.

Yang: (pats her sister's belly) That's what you get for being pregnant with a speedster. Why don't you get some rest?

Ruby: I'm not done with the story.

Yang: I can finish it up for you. Go and get some rest, I'll keep Summer company.

Ruby: (looks to Summer) Is that alright with you?

Summer: (nods yes) That's okay, mommy.

Yang then helps her sister up and Ruby kiss Summer in the forehead before receiving a kiss from her daughter on the cheek.

Ruby: Goodnight, sweetie. I love you.

Summer: Goodnight, mommy, I love you, too. (To Ruby's stomach) Goodnight, Connor.

The woman then left the room, and her big sister took her place on the chair.

Yang: So, where did your mom leave you off?

Summer: She was starting where Auntie Kairi went to Ink Town.

Yang: Oh yes. Well, before that, Levi was called in for a mission with Yozora.

*STORY*

In the other universe, it showed a large ship was making its way to a wasteland that had a mountain. Inside the mountain was a secret city of Svartalfheim. Aboard the ship, the KNIGHTS were double checking their gear and getting ready to infiltrate the mountain. Joining them, was a familiar silverette with his sword and crossbow.

 Joining them, was a familiar silverette with his sword and crossbow

Yozora: Is this another day for you guys?

Levi: Basically. What made you decide to tag along?

Yozora: Well, we haven't worked together for a while, and got some time off. Besides, you're gonna need an extra had with this.