Chapter 7: NEXT COURSE OF ACTION

Before picking up where we left off, the scene first shows future Ruby with her daughter as they're telling the story.

Summer: daddy was mad.

Ruby: yes, daddy was. He always didn't enjoy it when things were left out, especially with his family and friends. Back then, your dad had a...complicated mindset. He was always ready to help people, but, when it came to trust, that's where things started to go wrong.

Summer: did he hate his friends forever?

Ruby: not forever. But, there were some problems.

*STORY*

At the main center where the high council was, Arc was standing in front of them, with the others on the sidelines. The others didn't respond, but they could tell Arc was not happy. They've seen him angry, but it was always towards an enemy. Never on an ally. So the fact that he was turning that anger to his superiors, was really concerning.

Arcturus: I did everything you all ask, I followed my orders without question, and I've always accomplished my missions. So, you explain to me exactly why you would do this.

Council Man #1: we understand you are angry, but you must understand our reasons for this.

Council Man #2: the original purpose of the clone was to have a copy of you on stand by, given your results on these missions.

Arcturus: results?

They bring up multiple recordings, and Arc recognized them as his most extreme battles.

Council Woman #1: the attack on Future City two years ago, the fall of Atlas on Remnant, and your final encounter with Xehanort on Scala Ad Caelum. These are just a few of the demonstrations you've given on your capabilities.

Council Woman #2: you've not only been killed in a few of these moments, or been close to death, but they've also resulted in much destruction. Atlas and Mantel are still under repairs from your demonstration.

Council Man #3: we acknowledge that you've been a great help to people, and without you, there'd be more trouble. However, in the end, you're a wildcard that we have little to no control over. And ultimately, that makes you dangerous.

Arcturus: so, that thing is my replacement so you can control the Sapphire Speedster better?

Council Woman #3: we will admit, yes. However, it also serves as a means for in the event you were to die permanently, we'd still have our best agent.

Arcturus: (sarcastic) oh, well that makes up for it.

Council Man #4: I don't see how you're upset with this, boy.

Arcturus: I'm not upset. I'm f**king livid, because I didn't learn about this until now! It doesn't matter if it's a replacement to kill me or when I finally drop dead, you went behind my back and broke my trust! (Beat) look, I get I'm dangerous. Hell, I've even been working on contingency plans against myself. But the fact still remains—I'm not an experiment or an object that's replaceable, I'm a human being!

Council Man #2: but you're not fully human. You claim you're not a god, yet you're much more powerful then one.

Council Woman #1: for someone so intelligent as yourself, why do refuse to see the logic behind this.

Arcturus: the logic is that it's still a bad call.

Council Man #1: it may be, or not be. We do apologize for doing this to you, Mr. Farron, but we will not destroy the clone. Until we come to an official decision, it will remain under stasis. During this time, you still have your missions, as well as your business with the wielders. When we've reached a decision, we will inform you. Until then, you're dismissed.