Chapter 4: CHANGING FATE (CLAN OF DUNBROCH)

The scene shows the team in a forest as Arc was a ways from them. He was scouting ahead soon came back to them

Weiss: so, why are we on a world that's near the coast of Medieval Scotland?

Clara: well, according to history, this place has seen a few forms of magic. Nothing that indicates other dimensions, but witchcraft and curses roam around here.

Arcturus: either way, it's one of the few worlds we have at the moment, so we might as well check it out.

The five make their way through the forest, and soon came across an open field where they heard fighting. They looked to see a red-haired girl in a blue dress with an archery bow and a large black bear fighting Soulless.

Merida

One was about to jump from behind, but Ruby shot it with her sniper rifle

Arcturus: nice shot.

Merida: (sees them) who are you?

Yang: we'll do introductions later. First, let's deal with them!

The others joined in and helped battle the Soulless. When everything was done, they relaxed, and they came to introductions.

Arcturus: I'm Arcturus. Arc for short.

Ruby: Ruby.

Weiss: Weiss.

Blake: Blake.

Yang: Yang.

Merida: nice to meet you all. I'm Merida, (gestures to the bear) and this is Elinor.

Arcturus: hello.

The bear then begins to growl in communication but Arc understood it all.

Arcturus: okay, so, she's not a bear, but rather the Queen of clan Dunbroch, who happens to be your mom. But, last night, you gave her a magical fruit tart that you got from a witch/wood carver that transformed her into bear. You both left the castle to find the carver, but found a message that said the spell will be permanent by the second sun rise?

Merida: (confused) that's...actually right. How did you understand that?

Arcturus: I speak everything.

Ruby: at this point in time, we just simply accept that.

Weiss: so, how are you suppose to break the spell?

Merida: well, we were told a incantation. "Fate be changed. Look inside. Mend the bond. Torn by pride."

Yang: what does that mean?

Merida: we don't know. Arg! Can't believe that gamy witch gave me a gamy spell!

Blake: wait, what was the original intention?

Merida: I didn't want to change mum into a bear, I just wanted to change her.

Clara: you probably should've been more specific.