Chapter 4: MOM'S JOB

The scene finds Arcturus once again on hospital bed, but now he's in a different room. He sits up and sees a man he's not familiar with.

???: you're awake. Good. Now, we can begin asking the questions.

Arcturus: who are you?

???: I'm Sentinel. I'm a representative of a secret organization that works for the high council. The same people who work with your mother, Lighting Farron.

Arcturus: you know my mom?

Lightning: (enters the room) yes, he does. (Glares at Sentinel) and, he's going to explain to me on what he's doing kidnapping you.

Sentinel: I wasn't kidnapping. I was under orders to bring him here. And, for good reasons.

Lightning: the deal was I would help on missions, and my family wouldn't get dragged into this.

Arcturus: (confused) wait a second. What deal, and what's going on?

Sentinel: you're a meta human. A being with powers that were triggered in a moment of stress, or in your case, and accident that triggered your powers from your genes.

Arcturus: powers? (Looks to Lightning) mom, what's he talking about?

Lightning: (turns to Sentinel and spoke in a tone that left no room for argument) wait outside for a moment.

Sentinel leaves the room, and Lighting sits down next to her son.

Lightning: what do you know about Cocoon?

Arcturus: it's your hometown. We go there for holidays to meet Aunt Sera, but I always fell asleep on the road.

Lightning: it not just my hometown... it's another world entirely.

Arcturus: (confused) another world?

Lightning: yes. I never told you the truth, because there's a rule about other worlds. We have to keep the order in check, otherwise it would be considered meddling with forces beyond our control.

Arcturus: I thought you were a soldier.

Lightning: I am. I just work with a government agency that protects the timelines in other worlds.

Arcturus: So, do they know about...

Lightning: (knows what he's referring to) yes. It was part of the deal I made with them. When I first came to this world, they offered me a job. It was around the same time I met your father. After doing a few missions for them, they agreed that I'll continue missions for them, in exchange for your natural birth and that neither you or your dad would get involved in this.

Arcturus: I take it that last part isn't an option?

Lightning: 'fraid not. Now that you have powers, and the Keyblade, you just got dragged into this life.

Arcturus then remembers the Keyblade. He sees it leaned against the wall, and in a flash, it disappears and reappears in his hand.

Arcturus: what is this thing? And, what were those monsters?

Lightning: unfortunately, we don't know too much about the monsters. They only showed up recently. But, Sentinel can give you some info on your weapon.

So, the pair left the room and found Sentinel waiting for them. He then began explaining what exactly Arc was holding.

Sentinel: it's called the Keyblade; they're mysterious weapons that hold the power to open doors to other worlds. A Keyblade of Light releases a heart captured in darkness, while a Keyblade of Darkness can capture or completely destroy a heart. When held by warriors, they often attract the attention of monsters, such as Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed, Dreameaters and Nightmares.