Chapter 8: VR DEATH GAME (AINCRAD part.1)

World info: (In 2022, the first Virtual Reality headset, Nerv. Gear, was released world wide, along with the video game, Sword Art Online. However, the creator of the game, Akihiko Kayaba, imprisoned over 10,000 people inside. In order to escape, they must clear all 100 floors of the game. But, if they die in the game, they die in real life. If the headset is forced off or powered down, they'll die. Already, a little over 4,000 people have been killed, and the survivors are halfway to clear the game.)

Time in World: 2024

The scene shows Arcturus being transported into what appears to be a a town. He looks around and sees other people in various clothing and carrying mid evil like weapons.

Arcturus's Thoughts: strange. The year said 2024, but these guys look like they belong in the Dark Ages, almost. Still, I better look around to find the keyhole.

The Sapphire Speedster walked around for a bit to get some info. He soon found himself outside of town and in a forest. Arcturus was about to call it for now, when the Soulless appeared. Without a second to wast, he summons his weapon and fights.

Arcturus: (begins to get tired of it) geez, these things don't know when to quit. And, what's with the different forms on them?

Clara: most likely, these Soulless have been adapted to the world so they can blend in more. (Detects something) hold up. A couple of people are heading towards us.

Sure enough, the Soulless were then attacked by a boy in a black trench coat, and a girl with white military-like clothing. The boy had a long black sword and a turquoise sword, while the girl carried a rapier.

Kirito

Asuna

Kirito: they're here too?

Asuna: seems like it. (Turns to Arc) you ok?

Arcturus: Yeah, thanks. But, let's finish these guys and talk later.

Nodding, the three finished off the rest and when things calmed down, the two put their swords away and Arc dismisses the Keyblade.

Arcturus: we clear?