Chapter 29: FROM BAD TO WORSE (REMNANT part 3)

The scene resumed where we left off. Everyone but Arc was still shocked to see that Cronos's real face was exactly like Arc's, save for the hair, eyes and skin tone. His voice was like it, but a bit darker.

Cronos: it's like looking in a mirror. (Points to his face) almost.

Sora: what are you?

Arcturus: he's my Nobody.

Cronos: not entirely. Think of us like Ventus and Vanitas. It true, we have similar souls, but our hearts are completely different. I'm you in darkness, what you would've become if Kuroi had stayed with you instead of going with me.

Riku: that's why you had a little bit of Kuroi's power. Cronos is his vessel, but he was connected to you.

Ruby: I remember now. (Flashback to their fight) it was your face I saw that day. But, why didn't I remember it?

Cronos: small side effect of the transformation. Plus, I don't think your mind could handle the fact that I'm the darker version of your boyfriend.

Sora: how did you gained a body?

Salem: I gave him one. I was creating a new Grimm, one that was smarter, faster, stronger, and more powerful than anything every spawned. Unfortunately, there weren't any bodies on this world strong enough to contain his power. But, Farron provided one. On the night of the explosion, Arcturus's nobody was separated from his heart, and I used that Nobody to create the boy you see now. And when I learned he had the power of the Black Dragon of Damnation, I knew I had the means to finally bring this world, and many more, to my hand.

Cronos: and thanks to her DNA, and the dragon's curse, I can only be killed by you, Arcturus. Even then, I feel nothing.

Arcturus: I can still kill you, jackass.

Cronos: ah, but Sora did the same with Ansem and the rest of the old Organization, and yet, their members are still kicking around. You see, that's the thing about time travel, Arcturus; the more you do it, the less the rules apply. And when we're done, when we have the power of Kingdom Hearts and Dominion Souls at our control...we will send every last world, into extinction.

Sora: you are insane.

Cronos: don't blame me, (eyes glow red and vibrated voice) I was born this way.

He smirks and his body starts crackling with red lightning and runs to Arc. He rams into him, causing both to blow through the smokey apparition and it fades away, and the two go flying out of the window and start racing through the city.

Sora: Arc!

Riku: he can take care of himself. He'll be fine.

Marrow: but that was Salem?! That's who we're up against?!

Harriet: and she's apparently on her way.

Elm: but we'd be alerted if any forces had approached the Kingdom. We have long-range proximity alarms all along the coast, and--

Vine: (checks scroll) they're offline. With all of the chaos, we didn't notice.

Marrow: Watts must have shut them down!

Ironwood: or they've already been destroyed.

Elm: what? All of them?

Mickey: Cronos must've sabotaged them before he came here.

Donald: so, what's our next move?

Blake: General, you said in your speech that Amity Tower was ready to launch. Was that true?