Chapter 6: GOING DIGITAL (CYBER-SPACE)

The scene shows them back in Future City. After the last mission, they received a call from HQ about more activity in the city. So, Arc and the girls went to go pay it a visit to see for themselves. They arrived to the building where they met up with Arc's friend Jaime, Yuri, Kira, and Michael.

Arcturus: so, is this your new place to go to escape from drama?

Yuri: I'm honestly thinking of early retirement to get away from them.

Arcturus: na, you wouldn't last a day not doing anything.

Jaime: pot calling kettle black right there. You have the patience of an eight year old sometimes.

Arcturus: that's a bit insulting... but also very true. (Everyone laughs)

Ruby: so anyways, what brings you guys here?

Kira: we've wrapped up a majority of the case with Daniels. However, we did find a new case that we'd like you to look into.

Sentinel types in a few command codes, and pulls up reports on what appeared to be attacks in the city.

Sentinel: we've been getting reports all over the city of random attacks throughout the city. But when looking further into it, they look like their connected to the NetNav System.

Arcturus: the NetNav? That can't be good.

Ruby: what's the NetNav?

Arcturus: NetNav is Future City's state-of-the-art defense system. It's connected though all forms of defense, from police to military. But it's unhackable, and it's not designed to attack the city itself.

All the sudden, holograms of what appeared to be digital Soulless popped up in the room, and moved to attack. Arcturus acted fast with his Keyblade and destroyed them.

Yang: looks like your state-of-the-art defense needs an update.

Yuri: it's been doing that all this time. We've tried to see what the problem could be, but haven't had luck.

Blake: is there another way we could check it out?

Michael: well, the only other way would be to access Dr. Thomas Light's computer. He was the original creator of the system.

Weiss: we'll check it out to be certain.

Jaime: oh, before you go, Arc, I finished the project.

Arcturus: (grins) for real? Nice!

Going off, the two went to what was Jaime's work space where he had his project done. It was inside a large container as Jaime pressed a button, and opened up to reveal a sliver armor.

Arcturus: sweet. Looks more knight-like.

Jaime: wanted to base this off of the BBS while giving it a more futuristic style. It's made of nanotech mixed with a special alien metal alloy from Marvel Universe.

Grabbing one of the gauntlets, Arc presses some pad on it, and it engaged a side arm to appear.

Arcturus: how strong is this?

Jaime: it'll take a rocket to the face. Assuming you don't try to face it head on. It also comes with a heating shield for extreme cold environments, life support for deep space and scuba-diving, and boot thrusters to fly.

Arc accidentally presses another pad, and the side arm fires out, impaling into a cabinet.

Jaime: perhaps you'll want to read the instructions first?

Arcturus: yeah. (Puts the gauntlet back)

Jaime: now, there is a trade off. The heat shield and other advancements consume more MP, and Drive Forms won't be increase by any other enhancements.