Like I Can

N/A: Okay so this might be a short one but I can't stop thinking about this after listening to this song it reminds me of Larry so much.

~~

Harry was on the stage and he was about to do something he never thought was going to be possible, he was in Manchester, his hometown. It was the middle of the concert, "Alright, so I'm going to sing a song that I've listened to for a long time now, It's called Like I Can by Sam Smith." The fans scream loud as the music started.

She could be a sinner, or a gentleman
She could be a preacher, when your soul is damned
She could be a lawyer on a witness stand
But she'll never love you like I can, can
She could be a stranger you gave a second glance
She could be a trophy of a one night stand
She could have your humour, but I don't understand
'Cause she'll never love you like I can, can, can

He sang, and his favorite part of the song was coming up, "Why are you looking down all the wrong roads? When mine is the heart and the salt of the soul" before he sang the next part a picture of Louis and Eleanor was put on the screen behind him. He pointed to it as he sang and walked toward the side of the stage "There may be lovers who hold out their hands," He paused and grabbed Louis by the collar of his shirt pulling him out on stage, "But they'll never love you like I can, can, can" he sang into the mic.

He pulled Louis closer by his collar, connecting their lips. They had tears rolling down their cheeks as they mixed together, and the fans shouted, screaming and crying as they shouted "Larry". Harry and Louis pulled away, smiling from ear to ear as tears fell rapidly down their cheeks. Harry wiped Louis' cheeks with the pad of his thumbs, "We made it, we're free baby" he whispers, Louis wrapped his arms around Harry's neck as he got up on his tippy toes and buried his face into Harry's neck, "I love you" he murmurs into his neck. Harry kissed the side of his head, "I love you, baby" 

They pulled away after a minute, they walked toward the center of the stage with intertwined fingers. The fans were still screaming as Louis was handed a mic and they finished the song together.

A chance encounter of circumstance
Baby he's a mantra, keeps your mind entranced
He could be the silence in this mayhem, but then again
He'll never love you like I can, can, can

Why are you looking down all the wrong roads?
When mine is the heart and the salt of the soul
There may be lovers who hold out their hands
but they'll never love you like I can, can, can
They'll never love you like I can, can, can

We both have demons that we can't stand
I love your demons, like devils can
If you're self-seeking, an honest man
Then stop deceiving, Lord please

Why are you looking down all the wrong roads?
When mine is the heart and the salt of the soul
There may be lovers who hold out their hands
But they'll never love you like I can, can, can
They'll never love you like I can, can, can
He'll never love you like I can, can, can

Harry turns to look at Louis as they sing the last verse, he sings directly to him. Louis blushes lightly as he smiles, "I love you, Lou" he says once the song was over, Louis smiles "I love you even more" Harry chuckles "That's impossible my love" Louis giggles and kisses Harry's lips again.

~~

Author's Note: I hope you like this one-shot I know it's short but I really like it. Please comment and vote if you want to -S💙💚

(Word Count: 639)