LXVII.

WILL

It was finally Friday and this week has been tough. I haven't talked to Leah how I wanted to this week, but she did agree to let me take her out tonight.

I didn't have work this weekend and I was going to use this time to fix things between Leah and I.

I got out of school and went straight home. I wanted to fix my room up for Leah, just in case she came over after our date. I spent a few hours making my room look nice, then hopped in the shower. I got out, and got dressed. I just wore a plain black shirt, black jeans, and matching black Tims. I wore the Rolex Leah gifted me as an accessory as well as a silver chain to match.

Ma was working a double, so I wasn't going to see her tonight. Plus, I had the car and if you're wondering how she gets to work, she carpools with a coworker.

I headed out the house and hopped in the car, going to pick up Leah. A few minutes later, I pulled up in front of her house and made my way to the door. I rung the doorbell and waited for her to answer.

She opened the door and damn! She was so beautiful.

"Umm...are you okay?" She waved her hand in my face.

I was too stuck in my thoughts.

"Yeah, are you ready?" I cleared my throat.

"Yes."

She left out of the door and locked it behind her. I walked her to the car and opened the passenger's door for her.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

I closed her door after she was safely inside and made my way around the car to the driver's side. I got in, putting on my seatbelt, and pulled off.

At first, the car ride was pretty silent, but Leah spoke up first.

"So, where we even going?"

"To the state fair."

"The state fair? With all those people and expensive junk food? Yeah, I'll pass."

"No, you're not going to pass. We gone have fun. We gone play some games, win some prizes, get on rides, and eat all the expensive junk food that we want, all on me." I glanced at her.

"Well, since it's all on you, I want two funnel cakes." She scrolled through her phone.

I grabbed her phone out of her hand. "If you're gonna get two funnel cakes, I need all of your attention tonight."

"Whatever."

I turned on some music and we just had small conversation about the past school week until we arrived at the fair. I parked in the lot and headed to the entrance gate. I let Leah stay in the car while I bought our passes. I walked back to the car and opened the door for her before handing her her pass.