LXIII.

~A Few Days Later~

TASHA

"Why aren't you at practice?" I asked Leah.

"I didn't want to go." She played with her hands.

"You never just not go. Are you okay?"

We were sitting in the living in my house. Leah looked hella nervous for some reason. I wonder what's going on with her.

"Y-Yeah...I'm fine." She responded as she typed away on her phone.

"How's Will doing? I notice he doesn't hang with his crew since the fight."

"Oh...um...he's okay." She replied, nervously.

"Leah."

Her leg bounced rapidly.

"Leah." I said, more clearer.

"Huh?"

"You good?"

Before she responded her phone vibrated. She looked at it and stood up quickly.

"Yeah...um..that's Will. I have to go." She quickly left out the house.

I hope she was okay.

LEAH

I paced back and forth as I waited for Will to come from the back. I texted him, letting him know that I had to see him. It was urgent, so I popped up at his job because I had some news to tell him. My nerves were bad. Come to find out, my period is late. Could I be pregnant?!

I can't be! My parents would kill me! What would Will think? So many questions circulated my mind. I was nervous, scared, and much more. I thought on it some more. I can't be pregnant. I just can't. We used a condom each time. Did it break? Oh, God! What if it did?! I'm fucked!!!!

I tried taking deep breaths. Damn it, Will come on. Moments later, he rushed towards me with a look of concern on his face.

"You good? What's wrong?" He asked in a worried tone.

"No, Will we need to talk." I stated, panicky.

"Ight, hold up." He walked towards the back.

A few minutes later, he returned.

"Wassup?"

"Can we talk outside?"

He nodded and we went outside. Once we were out of earshot of people, he started up the questions.

"What's going on? You should be at practice."

"This couldn't wait."

"What couldn't?" He questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

I was too scared to even say it. My heart beat fast outta my chest. I couldn't even look him in the eyes and share the news. I started playing with my hands.

"I...uh...have some news." I said, nervously.

"What is it?"

"I...um.." I couldn't formulate the words.

I looked everywhere, but him.

He held my face in his hands, so that our eyes met. He then grabbed the both of my hands.

"Relax, close your eyes and take a deep breath."

I did as told, closing my eyes, taking a deep breath, then exhaling it. I reopened them and stared into Will's brown orbs.

"Now, tell me what's wrong." He said in a calm voice.

"Will...my period is late... a week late actually." I managed to say.

"So...you're pregnant?"

"I don't know...I haven't taken a pregnancy test."

"Alright, let's not panic. We don't even know if you are."

I nodded my head.

"Take a test and then we go from there, ight?"

"Okay." I replied.

He kissed my lips. "Everything will be fine. I got you." He put his forehead against mine.

"Alright." I stated more calmly.

Will wrapped his arms tightly around me and I put mine around him. I love being in his arms. I always feel safe and that everything will be okay when his arms are around me.

"You good now?" He looked at me.

"Yeah."

"Alright, you go and get a test and we'll go from there."

"Okay."

"I love you." I added.

"I love you too."

He kissed me one last time before we pulled apart. He went back into Jenny's and I got in my car and left. Will's right. However things may go, I know he'll be right by my side. Let's see how this goes. Pray for me y'all.

WILL

I had just walked back into Jenny's and I was stuck by the door. I couldn't even move just thinking about what Leah just said. She might be pregnant. That would throw us all in a loop right now.

What would my mom think if she found out that Leah was pregnant? What would her family think? Her dad would kill me! Fuck! We wore protection each time though, how could this be possible? What if the condom broke? We would get a lil rough sometimes.

"Will, I need you to bus a few tables for me." My manager said.

"Ight." I replied.

Fuck, this shit is going to be on my mind all night. Could we actually raise a child right now? We're both just in high school. Could we make that sacrifice? What would my friends think? This is not good timing. I'm still healing from my accident and working, plus I need to get back right for basketball season next year. I can't do all of that with a baby.

~A Few Hours Later~

I was finally home and so exhausted. I took a nice, long shower, put on some boxers and shorts, and jumped in the bed.

I laid in the dark, still thinking about what Leah told me earlier. After a while, I started to have a different attitude towards it.

I think I am ready to be a dad. I do want kids with Leah, so what that it's a little earlier than expected? We can make it work right? I can keep working to make sure the baby and Leah are taken care of. Our parents would be pissed, but they'd probably still support us through it.

A lil mini us running around can't be that bad, but I don't want Leah to think I'm just with her cause we have a kid. I really love that girl. I should marry her! Show her I'm here forever. Maybe, I'm thinking into it too much.

I'll just wait for her to take the test and we'll go from there. Let me take my tired ass to bed.