LXXXII.

~Two Days Later~

WILL

It was Monday morning and I was getting ready for school. The weekend I spent at my father's place was cool and well needed. We talked about so much and he gave me tons of advice.

I drove back last night, thinking of how I was going to get Leah to go out with me. I came up with a plan, but I was gone need help to pull it off.

I took a shower, got dressed, and grabbed my things. Ma was still at work and didn't get off until later that night, so I still had the car.

I made my way downstairs, grabbed an apple, and the keys before I headed off to school.

——————————-

As I stood at my locker before first period, I saw Tasha at her locker by herself.

"Hey." I greeted, walking up to her.

"What do you want, Will?" She asked, annoyed.

"I need your help with something important."

"What?" She closed her locker.

"I need you to help me take Leah out this Friday."

"And why would I help with that? You're just going to keep hurting her."

"I never meant for her to get hurt. I messed up and I should've talked to her about it, instead of trying to hide it." I confessed.

"But, I love her and I miss her. She made everything better when she was around. She was always by my side when I wasn't feeling the best. She kept a smile on my face. I don't just want her back, I need her back." I added.

"You need her?" She folded her arms.

"Yes, Leah was the best thing to happen in my life. I messed up by not realizing that before our first fallout. I almost lost her then and I'm losing her now and I don't want that to happen."

"Well, what do you want me to do? If I tell her that you're trying to take her on date, she's going to say no."

"Act like y'all are going shopping, then bring her to this location. Before she can realize what's happening, you'll be done dipped on her." I responded, handing her a paper with the address.

"Umm, okay I'll try my best, but I swear, Will if I'm helping you for you to just hurt her again, I'm really gone beat your ass." She said, seriously.

"You have my word. I won't mess up anymore. Just please try and get her to go"

"I'll try my best."

"Thanks." I said before walking off to class.

Hopefully, she can get Leah to go. Damn, I really miss that girl.

TASHA

"Hey, angel." I greeted Leah as she sat beside me.

"Hey." She replied, dryly.

She began to pick over her lunch. I knew that she was still feeling down about the bullshit with Will and Kani. I tried cheering her up, but no matter what I do, she still had this sad aurora.

I don't know how I was going to pull this plan off for Will, but we'll see how this goes. I looked up and saw Will, taking a seat at his table. He looked over this way, staring at Leah. She must've noticed eyes watching her because she looked from her plate.

Their eyes met, but she quickly looked away and went back to playing with her food. I felt bad for my friend. She was hurting. Hell, I'd be hurting too if I was in her position. I hated this side of her. I wanted the bubbly Leah back.

"Are you doing anything Friday?"

"Other than sulk in misery, no."

I just shook my head.

"How about we go to the mall? You know, do a lil shopping." I suggested, eating my lunch.

"I'm not up for it, Tasha."

"Please, bestie? It'll be fun."

"I really don't want to, Tasha." She played in her food.

"Pretty please? Let's have a girl's day. I just want to take your mind off of Will."

She took a minute to think before sighing.

"Fine."

I gave a small smile.

"We'll have a good time. I promise."

"We'll see."

Katie then joined our table.

"Hey, y'all." She replied, sitting next to me.

"Hey, babe." I kissed her cheek.

I glanced at Leah to see that she was staring into space. I nudged her a lil to gain her attention. She gave Katie a small smile before she greeted her.

Katie and I made conversation, while Leah was in her own lil world. The atmosphere was mad awkward since Leah was in her mood.

Whatever Will had planned, I just hope he comes through. I needed my best friend to be happy again.

~Later That Night at Jenny's~

WILL

"So, how was your weekend with your dad?" Danny asked.

"It was cool, different I guess." I shrugged.

Danny came to talk to me since he wasn't in school today because he had a dentist appointment.

"What you mean different?"

"It was quiet out there, compared to over here and he was cool. He gave me advice on how I can get my girl back."

"So, how are you going to get her back? She still doesn't even talk to you."

"I'm going to take her out on a picnic date and talk to her."

"She ain't going to just go out with you." He laughed.

"I know, which is why I'm getting Tasha to help me. She's going to bring her to the date for me."

"So, y'all kidnapping Leah?" He joked.

"Basically." I laughed along with him.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out seeing Tasha texted me back. I responded before putting my phone away.

 I responded before putting my phone away

"The plan is in full effect."

"I hope it works out for you." He said.

"Me too."

"Hey, Will I need you to clean tables 5 and 6." My manager said.

"I got you. Ight, bro I gotta go, but I'll text you later." I got up from the table.

"Okay, I'll see you later." He said before getting up to leave.

I got back to work.