LXII.

WILL

"You over here fighting and shit, I should beat your ass!" Ma shouted as she paced my room.

I was sitting on my bed, listening to her go on and on about my fight with Danny. She just got off of work and was pissed. I got suspended for a few days, but I didn't care. Danny had it coming. I was tired of his ways.

You see, every girl I've had, he'd try and get at them. I don't know why, but it was weird as fuck. This dude must really enjoy my sloppy seconds. At first, I didn't think much of it, but as it continued I don't know man, shit just got old. And seeing him with Kani was the icing on the cake.

No, I didn't have feelings for her. It was just the fact that he tried to follow in my footsteps once again. Classic Danny. People always said that he was my lil sidekick and shit. I'd always ignore their hateful comments, but now I'm starting to realize that maybe they were right.

I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I really wasn't in the mood for her nagging.

"You know better, Jamal!" My mom yelled.

I sat up and looked at her. "But, Ma it wasn't my fault!" I shouted back.

She looked at me with a look that could kill. "Who you raising your voice at?!" She shouted.

I sighed and lowered my head. "No one."

"I don't care whose fault it is. Don't let that shit happen again." She replied in a serious tone.

"Ight." I mumbled.

She walked out of my room, leaving me alone. My phone rung, gaining my attention. I picked up, seeing Leah was calling.

"Hello."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright." I stated.

"Good, I was calling to check on you since I didn't see you today."

"I'm good, bae thanks though." I responded as I checked the time.

"Shouldn't you be at practice?" I questioned.

"It got cancelled."

"When do you go back to work?" She asked.

"Tomorrow."

"Mm, you need to hurry up and get off of suspension. I'm so lonely in English class."

"Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it."

"Good because I miss you."

I smiled. "I miss you too, baby."

"Come see me." I said.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because my mom wants me to do some shit for her."

"Oh, ight."

"I still can't believe you and Danny fought." She stated.

"Aye he's the one that swung on me first, so it is what it is." I replied with a shrug.

"That's yo friend."

I sucked my teeth. "Nah, we ain't friends, not after the shit he pulled."

"Well, excuse me then." She stated.

"Let's talk about some other shit." I said.

"Okay." She responded.

We talked for a few more minutes until she had to go. I laid back on my bed and closed my eyes. Whenever I see Danny, he better keep a far distance from me. I tried taking a nap for the rest of the afternoon.

DANNY

"Damn, Will fucked yo ass up." Brayden said.

"Shut up!" I yelled.

"You wouldn't be in this predicament, if you would've left Kani alone." Aiden said.

They were at my house, annoying me. I shouldn't have let their asses in.

"Whatever, he's just mad that I have her." I put a warm towel on my face to soothe my cuts.

"You really believe that shit?" Brayden asked.

I just looked at him.

"Dude, as fine as Leah is, why would he get jealous that you and Kani are a thing? If anything he's mad that you keep going for his exes." He added.

"I don't." I replied.

"Dude, you do. Remember Nia from sophomore year? After they broke up, yo ass dated her." Aiden said.

"Oh, how about Ashley. As soon as they broke up, your ass suddenly caught feelings." Brayden said.

"Face it, Danny you're jealous of Will." Brayden said.

I was getting pissed off by their presence.

"Ight, y'all can go." I replied.

"You're kicking us out?" Brayden asked.

"What we do?" Aiden asked.

"Go, get out!" I shouted, pissed off.

"Ight, bro damn." Brayden held his hands up as he went to the front door.

"Come on, Aiden." He said.

They both left out, leaving me to my thoughts. I talked to Kani earlier since she called to check on me. I took my phone out and went through my social media.

The fight was everywhere. Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram. It was all over. I still can't believe I got my ass beat. I felt embarrassed as hell. I was just pissed at the hurt shit Will said to me.

It's whatever though. He's gonna have to get used to the fact that I'm with Kani now. Fuck what the twins said. I wasn't jealous of him. He's jealous that I got his ex girl and when he returns to school, he's gonna have to see us together. I know it'll be hard for him, but it is what it is. He's just gonna have to deal with it.

I went to my room and sat on my bed. My parents wasn't pleased about the fight I got into. They just lectured me about it. I didn't get punished or anything. They just said not to get into anymore fight for the rest of the year.

I turned my TV on and focused my mind on there as I tried to relax. Things were going to be hella different when Will's back in school. We'll just see how it plays out.