XXIV.

~Monday Morning, English Class~

WILL

I walked into the classroom, listening to music as I went to my seat. Kani was sitting in the desk next to mine, getting her notebook out.

"Look who made it into school!" I shouted.

I looked around the room and many eyes stared at me as if I was being loud or something. Oh, shit I was. I took my headphones out and sat down.

"I'm glad you realized you were screaming and yes I'm here today."

"And practice?"

"Yes, I'm going to practice too. We did have a deal." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Good, it's going to be nice seeing you in those tight shorts again." I took my notebook out.

"Whatever, creep." She laughed.

Five minutes later, Ms. Jones walked in. She put her stuff on her desk and stood in front of the class. "Okay, everyone we're going to switch it up this week."

"Great." I mumbled.

"This week, I want everyone to get in groups of 3-4 and create your own children's book." She said with excitement.

"It can be about anything y'all want, but the group has to be 3-4. Nothing more, nothing less. Now, break into groups." She walked back to her desk.

I looked around at other students jumping into groups and realized that Kani and I really didn't talk to anyone, besides each other in this class. I noticed Leah still sat at her desk.

"Ms. Jones, I need a group, but they all look full." Leah said.

Ms. Jones's eyes landed on Kani and I.

"You can join William and Kaniyah. It's only the two of them and they need one more person."

"I don't think that's a good idea, Ms. Jones." I mentioned.

"Oh, yeah I forgot about y'all's little high school drama. Well, y'all need to get over it and grow up!" She shouted.

"It's not that easy." I shook my head.

"It's not? Okay, y'all can just fail then." Ms. Jones said, unbothered.

"Fine, we all can get along" I said with a fake smile.

"Hell no, I'm going to kill that bitch if we work together." Kani replied, annoyed.

"It's just for a week, we can do that. Just please hold your tongue during class." I stated.

"Whatever, William." Kani stated, aggravated.

"You can sit on the other side of me, Leah whenever you feel comfortable." I told her.

Leah rolled her eyes as she packed up her belongings. I see she isn't thrilled about us working together either. I wonder what was going through her mind.

LEAH

This is bullshit! Of all people I gotta work with them? Lord, give me the strength. If that bitch disrespect me I'll beat her ass with no hesitation and I dare that bastard to get in my way.

I'm just going to do my part and go on about my business. Hopefully, this shit doesn't take too long. I definitely don't want to spend a whole week near those two, So, hopefully we could finish this project early.

I grabbed my stuff and sat next to William. I pulled out my notebook, ready to organize this project. I hope this goes smoothly.

WILL