XXIX.

~A Few Days Later~

WILL

Its been a few days since Thanksgiving and I've been bored out of my mind. Since Thanksgiving is a holiday, we get a couple of days off from school, which I love and hate. I love it cause I don't have to do any school work, yet I hate it cause I don't get to see my friends or play any sports.

I haven't seen Kani lately. I knew she went to her grandparents for holiday break, but she was supposed to come back home today. I hope she does because I wanted to spend some time together. We talked on the phone for a lil bit and I asked her to meet me at Jenny's when she got home and she agreed.

I got up out of my bed and went to my bathroom. I took a shower and got dressed. I called Kani to make sure she was on her way to Jenny's, but I didn't get an answer. She probably was there already or on her way.

I went downstairs to see my mother taking a nap on the couch. It was ‪8 pm‬ and she had just finished working a 12-hour shift.

"Hey, Ma can I borrow the car?"

"Yeah, sure leave me alone." She turned to go back to sleep.

I grabbed the keys and left out of the house. I called Kani again, but still no answer. I'll just meet her there. I got in the car and drove to Jenny's.

~Few Moments Later~

I pulled up to Jenny's and went inside. Kani was nowhere in sight, however I did see Leah sitting at a table. I decided to wait for Kani outside, so I went back out the door and leaned on the wall near the entrance and waited.

LEAH

I sat at Jenny's, waiting for Tasha. We were supposed to hang out tonight. While I waited for her, I just vibed out, surveilling the crowd.

"Hey, angel, you remember Katie." Tasha greeted with her girlfriend beside her.

"Hi, Leah." Katie greeted with a smile.

I looked up at the two. My mood instantly went sour. I was only expecting Tasha, not her and her bitch.

"Hey." I replied dryly.

They took a seat in front of me. Tasha had her arms wrapped around Katie. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Tasha, I thought you and I were going to hang. I didn't know you were going to bring your girlfriend."

"I thought it'd be cool if all of us hung out together." She gave Katie a kiss on her cheek, causing her to giggle. God, I wanted to throw up.

"I guess it's fine." I shrugged. "How was your Thanksgiving?" I questioned.

Tasha was too busy engrossed in this Katie bitch to even have heard a word of what I said.

"Tasha." I stated, getting annoyed.

"Huh?" She asked, looking lost.

"I asked how your holiday went."

"It was good, how was yours?"

"Mine was-"

Katie's giggles sounded off. . "Stop babe." She said in a fit of laughter as Tasha kissed her neck.

"Just get up and walk away Leah." My conscience told me.

That was the best thing right now because I was about 2 seconds away from slapping bitches.

I got up from my seat and made my exit out of Jenny's. I walked out the door to see Will leaning on the wall.

WILL

So, Kani didn't show up and wasn't answering the phone. I was going to stop by her house, but before I walked to the car, Leah came into view. I didn't want to look like a creep, so I acted like I was texting.

 I didn't want to look like a creep, so I acted like I was texting

"Hey." She mumbled.

"Wassup."

"Nothing, I was just about to head back home."

"Are you good?" She asked.

"Yeah, why you ask?" I asked, confused.

"Because you're standing outside, like a whole creep." She laughed.

"I was waiting on someone, but they didn't show up."

"Waiting on your lil hoe, huh?" She rolled her eyes.

"Let's not get disrespectful now, but yeah I was."

"Well, if she wasn't a hoe, she'd be here." She said with a fake smile.

"She must be busy I guess." I said in a sad tone.

"Don't sweat it, you're probably right."

"Well, let me walk you to your car."

"I ain't no old ass lady, I can walk myself." She said, playfully mad.

"Ight, whatever. Nobody wants to walk with your mean ass anyway."

"I'm the nicest person ever, I'm a fucking angel." She smiled.

"Yeah, whatever." I laughed.

Our laughs were interrupted by a phone call Leah got. She answered it and froze.

"You okay?" I asked with concern.

She stood there stuck in place as tears to trickled down her face.

"I-I gotta go." She stuttered.

"What's wrong?"

"My grandma's back in the hospital and it's not sounding too good." She managed to say.

"Shit, well let's go to the hospital."

"She's my grandma. I don't need you to go with me!" She shouted.

She started digging through her bag to look for her keys. "Where are my fucking keys?!" She yelled, frustrated.

I grabbed her hand. "Leah, it's okay. I'll drive. We'll come back for your car."

"Okay." She mumbled.

We walked to my mom's car and I opened the passenger's side door for her. We both got in the car and was off to the hospital.