LXXXVII.

WILL

~After School~

The school day was over and I was glad. I didn't have work today, so I thought I'd stay for Leah's practice and check on my bro's on the basketball team too.

I walked into the gym and saw Leah with a few girls stretching, so I walked over.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hey." She replied with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I don't have anything to do, so I thought I'd just stay for your practice."

"You just want to stare at my ass." She joked.

"Well, the view do be nice."

She hit me in my arm.

"Why are you hitting me?" I rubbed my arm.

"Because you came here to be a creep, not to support me."

"Why can't I creep and support?" I joked.

She rolled her eyes.

We continued to talk until the rest of her squad got here. Suddenly, a ball rolled to my feet.

"Hey, bro feel like passing that back?" Brayden asked.

I picked the ball up and held it in my hands. I started to dribble and man did it make me miss playing basketball.

"Pass the ball before you hurt yourself. We all know you probably lost your touch." Brayden laughed.

I looked at Leah and she smirked at me. That was like a green light to show off. I dropped my book bag and walked up to Brayden.

"Oooo, you're trynna show off for your girl? Well, when I drop you off she might leave you again." He replied, posting up.

Some other guys from the team stood on the side, watching and laughing at what Brayden said. Brayden and I began our lil one on one. He posted up, trying to guard me. He probably thought he was actually doing something.

I did a couple dribble moves and crossed him up, which made him fall. I drove to the paint and dunked the ball, hanging onto the rim with one hand.

"Damnnnn!" The guys roared.

"Did he just break his ankles?" A teammate asked.

"I already knew Will was gonna do Brayden dirty." Another stated.

I walked up to Brayden, who was still on the floor and reached my hand out to help him up.

"I'll give you that, but I bet you can't do it again." He said, getting up.

"What's all the commotion?" Coach asked, walking into the gym.

"Will just crossed and dunked on Brayden, Coach." One of the players said.

"I see you haven't forgotten how to play ball, Pierce."

"No, I didn't sir."

"That's good. We miss you and can't wait for your return." He stated.

"I miss the team too and don't worry my comeback next season is going to be great." I replied.

"I hope so." He responded.

I picked up my book bag and walked back over to Leah.

"That was a nice dunk." She complimented.

"Thanks, I'm gonna go sit on the bleachers until your practice is over."

"Okay."

I went in for a peck on the lips, but it turned into a full blown kiss.