LXXXI

~Saturday Morning~

WILL

I was in the car on my way to my dad's house. I called him before I left to let him know I was coming. He was shocked to know I wanted to visit, but happy nonetheless.

I finally pull up to his house and it's nowhere near a city. All you can see is land. I don't understand why people would want to be in the middle of nowhere anyway.

I pulled into the driveway, and looked around at the house

I pulled into the driveway, and looked around at the house. I turned the car off and got my bag out the trunk. I decided to stay for the weekend to get my mind right. Hopefully, my time here can help me figure out what to do.

As I got my belongings, my dad came outside.

"Look who finally decided to get out of the city." He said as he walked up to me.

"Yeah, long time no see." I closed the trunk.

We hugged and I followed him into the house. We walked into the living room, where I placed my bag on the floor and sat on the couch.

"So how you been? What made you want to come all the way out here?" He asked.

"I've been okay, could be better I guess."

"Tell me what's been going on. You know I'm always out the loop. Is there a girl in the picture?" He smirked.

I instantly put my head down at the thought of Leah.

"Ohh, I see. You're having woman problems. I can easily help with that. Tell me what happened."

I sighed I'm gonna be here all night telling this story.

~Hours Later~

WILL

My dad and I were sitting on the porch while I caught him up on my whole Leah situation.

"Wow, we didn't have this much drama back in my day." He chuckled.

"How am I supposed to fix it? How am I supposed to get Leah back?" I asked, desperately.

"Lemme tell you a story about me and your mom back in the day."

"Ight." I replied, ready to hear the story.

"I was in high school when I met your mother as well. Back then, I was the star Freshman quarterback on the football team, so of course all the girls wanted my attention."

"I remember running late to my History class, when the teacher announced we had a project. Since I was late all the partners I usually would work with were taken and the only person left was your mom."

"Boy, was I scared. She didn't play about her school work. Long story short if it wasn't for that class project I would've never found that love I had with your mom."

"We became an item and everyone knew about us being together. We had a good relationship until I almost fucked it up one night."

"How?" I asked.

"It was the championship football game and we had won. One of my teammates wanted to throw a party to celebrate. I wanted your mom to go with me,
but she wanted to study for finals instead. So, I still went to the party."

"I had too many drinks and ended up cheating on her with this random chick. I thought it would never come to light. I tried to act like nothing happened, but your mom ended up finding out and was heartbroken when she did."

"She wanted nothing to do with me and I didn't even care. I was the best player on the football team. It was easy for me to get a girl."

"That next season, I tore my ACL in a game and that ended my high school career. After  I got hurt no girl wanted me anymore. I realized that then that they only wanted me cause of my status and possible future. They didn't want me for me."

"Your mom didn't care that I played football. She loved me for me and I fucked up and lost her."

"I had to get her back by any means, so that's what I did. I tried to talk to her everyday. I called, texted,
and showed up to her house every chance I got until she finally gave me the time of day again."

"I apologized,  letting her know why I was wrong and how I felt and I took her on a date to one of our favorite places to bring back old times."

"By me not leaving her alone, she gave me another chance to prove that I wanted her. If it wasn't for that, you wouldn't be here." He joked.

"But I didn't cheat though. Well, not intentionally."

"Yeah, but I'm sure she's not upset at you just the situation." He said.

"So, that's it? I just have to keep trying to show her that I want her?" I asked.

"It's more to it than that, son. You have to be willing to express your feelings to her. You want her to feel what your saying more than just hear you."

"Make it special, get her to see that you went out of your way." He added.

"I think I have something in mind then." I replied.

"Good, now let's go get some food." He said, getting up.

"Sounds like a plan." I replied as I followed him into the house.