II.

WILL

"Ight, I'm done

"Ight, I'm done." I walked in half dressed with just boxers, jeans, and durag on.

"Hey, you remember this?" Danny asked, holding a picture of the two of us I had on my dresser.

"Hell yeah! That was the Summer I met your slow ass." I said as I put on a shirt.

"Listen, I wasn't slow just uhhh...just...ummm...new to the area, that's all." He replied.

"Yeah, sure. Your ass came to Lincoln Park with jeans and a button up asking to play ball with me and my friends." I started to laugh.

"Listen, I had just moved out here and I wanted to make some new friends

"Listen, I had just moved out here and I wanted to make some new friends." He replied.

"Your slow ass almost got beat up and robbed. If it weren't for me coming to your rescue, then we wouldn't be friends today, so you're welcome dickhead." I put on some socks.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Look at me now though, all grown up, I can walk on any court!" He expressed, flexing his arms.

And he's right, he did grow up. The first day I saw him, I saw a nervous white boy, who just wanted some friends. So, with me growing up in the hood, we didn't have that many white people out here, so I figured I should give him a chance.

Little did I know, I would become best friends with this dude, but I wouldn't trade him for anything.

"You done reminiscing, so we can go already?" I asked, putting on my sneakers and jacket.

"Yeah, let's go." He replied as he walked out of my room and down the stairs.

"How did you even get here? You don't drive fool." I questioned, walking down behind him.

"My dad gave me a ride, duhh." He responded.

"Well, hold on real quick." I ran into the kitchen.

"Hey, Ma!" I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Mhmm, what you want boy? Cause that smile means your ass is up to something." She said as she made her some tea.

"Danny and I are gonna go down to Jenny's for a lil while and I wanted to see if I could use the car...please." I begged with a fake, sad face.

"Boy you know my ass got work at the hospital at 11 and it's already 7:30." She replied before taking a sip of her tea.

"I know, but I'm gonna be back by 10. I promise." I responded.

"You know your ass always running late, talking about you promise, yeah right." She said as she continued to drink her tea.

"Ma, that was before when I always hung out with Leah." I stated slightly sad.

"It's been a minute since I went out with Danny. We just wanna hang for a few." I said in a low tone.

She looked at me and then back at her tea and took a deep breath. "If I gotta chase your ass down, I'm gonna beat your ass, so you better be back by 10:30, now gone out my face."

"Thanks, Ma. I'll see you later." I kissed her cheek, grabbed the keys, and left out the house.

"10:30!" I heard her yell when I closed the door.

"Come on, bro." I said to Danny, getting in the car.

"Nothing like Mama Pierce's good ole Altima." Danny said, getting in.

Once we were settled, we were off.