VI.

WILL

"Excuse me, watch out. Excuse me...MOVE DAMN!" I yelled at other students in the hallway. Quickly, they scattered like lil roaches as they cleared my path. I had overslept this morning and was late to my first period, which was unusual since I'm never late, so this was new.

I rushed to my first period, which was English, going straight to my seat in the back. I saw Kani sitting close, so I sat next to her with the biggest smile on my face.

"Hey, Kani how are you doing on this lovely morning?" I asked with a smirk.

"I'm fine." She said with an attitude.

"Uh...you good? Did I do something already?" I asked, confused.

"No, Will I'm sorry. Some rude bitch in the front of the class was talking about how I was in her seat and then you had the little dick riders that's like "that's Leah's seat. Leah always sits there.''" She mocked in a high pitched tone, rolling her eyes.

"Like, I don't give a fuck who Leah is." She mumbled, aggravated.

"Wait, hold on...you talked to Leah?" I asked, nervously.

"Yeah, that bitch thinks she run things in this bitch, like I don't roll like tha-" I cut her off.

"She's here today? What'd you say to her? Did you make her mad? How does she look?" I questioned, starting to sweat.

"Um...you good or something? You're acting kind of weird."

"Psh, yeah, girl I'm good. I was just wondering." I acted unbothered.

"Okay, class we're going to start notes before we go over the homework assignment." Ms. Jones stated.

As I looked to the front of the class to start writing the notes, there she was. Leah Armani Smith. 😍 She looked better than ever. She always looked good, but it was something about today that made her stand out. Was it the hair? I don't know, but whatever it was she was beautiful. I couldn't help, but to stare at her. She looked as good as the first time I laid my eyes on her.

~Flashback~

It was the beginning of Sophomore year and the basketball team was having practice in the gym, while the cheerleaders were throwing tryouts outside on the football field. Brayden, being the player he was, tried to get Danny and I to sneak out to the cheerleaders' practice with him. At first, I was extremely hesitant, but we were practicing plays we all knew like the back of our hands, so we went with him.

As we snuck out of the gym towards the football field, we saw all the girls in their little shorts and tank tops. It was an amazing view, until one girl caught my attention.

I've never seen her here before, so she had to be new. She was very beautiful and I just stood there stuck staring at her. Our basketball coach came out to the field, looking for the three of us and as Brayden and Danny hid behind the bleachers, I stood there in a daze.

As my coach grabbed me by my arm, dragging me back into the gym, I got a glimpse of her smiling and it honestly made me melt. I knew I had to get to know her by any means and I definitely wasn't going to miss my chance. After practice, I ran back to their tryouts to see her packed up, walking away. I had to catch up to her, so I ran as fast as a crackhead getting a dollar.

I ran in front of her, stopping her in her tracks. "Excuse me, Miss...my name...is....uh...Will..and I wanted..." I was out of breath.

She giggled. "Hi there, Will. You seem a little out of breath there."