XXX.

LEAH

After Will and I got to the hospital, we rushed inside the lobby. A receptionist was sitting at the information desk, so we walked over to her.

"Excuse me."

She looked up from her computer.

"Yes, how can I help you?" She said with a small smile.

Before I could answer, my name was being called. I looked where the voice came from and saw my dad, consoling my mom.

Will and I sped walked over to them. Everyone was in distraught. My parents, my aunt and uncle, and two cousins all had sad looks upon their faces.

"H-How is she?" I asked in a worried tone.

"Her health's failing, baby and it won't be too long until she's..." My mom trailed.

My heart shattered into millions of pieces. No. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't want to believe what I was hearing. Tears cascaded from my eyes. Not my grandma. She was starting to get better. I just didn't understand.

I glanced at Will to see that he had a few tears falling from his face. This was news we weren't prepared for. Hell, no one is ever prepared for this kind of news.

"She wants to see you. She's in room 3110. My mom stated.

I nodded. "Can...you come with me, Will?" I croaked out."

"We'll go with you too. We'll stay in the waiting room." My father announced.

I nodded. We all gathered on the elevator to take us up to the third floor. Once we reached our destination, we stepped off. Will and I headed to Grandma's room, while my family went to the waiting room.

When I got to her door, I knocked on it before entering the room. The sight of her wasn't pretty. Her once glowing brown skin was now pale. Her once brightly lit brown eyes, was now grey. Tubes were hooked all over her.

Instantly the tears, came flooding quickly. I couldn't stop them if I wanted to. Her eyes landed upon Will and I.

A small smile grew upon her face. "My babies."

"Hey, Grandma." I greeted, giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"Don't cry, Lee." She wiped my tears away.

"Hey, Grams." William greeted.

"Hey, baby. You doing okay?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm alright, baby. Just tired."

My eyes watered and more tears streamed down my face.

"Dry those tears, Lee. It'll be okay." She stated.

"Grandma...I...what about chemo? There has to be something new or different you could try." I said with hope.

She shook her head. "Perhaps, there is, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life on chemo. I'm tired baby. I've been fighting this thing for some time now. I don't think I've got any fight left in me."

Will put his head down.

"I can't lose you, Grandma. I just can't." My voice cracked and the tears continued to flow.

She grabbed my hand. "I'll always be with you, Lee. No matter what, I'll always watch over you. I'm just going home."

I looked away from her. I couldn't bare the thought of her leaving this world. I didn't want her to leave.

"Will." She stated.

"Ma'am?" He walked up to her bedside.

"You do good in school and I want you both to work out your differences, you hear me?" She questioned.

"Yes, ma'am." He nodded.

She looked at the both of us with a small smile as a tear escaped her eye. "I love ya'll so much. Know that I'll always be watching."

"We love you too." Will and I said in unison.

She squeezed my hand tighter as her eyes slowly closed. Her heart monitor flatlined and just like that, she was gone. I let out loud cry as I grieved over her. Will instantly pulled me into his chest, wrapping me securely in his arms.

I cried into his chest, soaking up his shirt. Nurses rushed in the room and Will escorted us out to the waiting room, where the fam was waiting.

"She's gone." I managed to get out with tears pouring from my eyes.