LIII.

KANI

I was at my locker, when I heard everyone mumbling in the halls. I thought the rumor between me Will and I had died down, so I was wondering what everyone was talking about.

"Yeah, they finally caught him." One girl said as she walked past.

"Yeah and he's supposed to be facing up to 15 years." Another girl said.

Everyone's just talking about the news from last night. The police finally caught Andre. Shit, took them long enough. I know Will's glad that he's off the streets.

Now that Andre's locked up, we don't have to worry about him. I can worry about fixing things with Will. If all goes well, we can try again as a couple. I can only hope. Speaking of Will, he just came through the door with his lil gang.

He was smiling from ear to ear as he walked down the hall. He was looking good too. He separated from his group and walked towards me. I fixed my clothes as I waited for his arrival.

"Hey." He said, dryly as he walked past my locker.

"Hey."

Damn, that's all I get? I watched him stop at Leah's locker. Of course, he stops to talk to her. They both had the biggest smiles on their faces. You'd think they were a couple with the way they were looking at each other.

Then, they did something that caught me completely off guard. They fucking kissed, which shocked the hell out of me. Will and Leah? Are they really a thing now? He grabbed her hand as she closed her locker and walked to class.

This bitch took my nigga. I was going to fix what I messed up between, but with that bitch in the picture, I had no chance. Now, I have to watch them all boo'd up in English class. Great just great."

WILL

It was my first day back and I was extremely excited. I actually wanted to do school work. I was tired of sitting home. I also have my first day of training at Jenny's after school too.

My morning was starting off pretty good. When I left out of the house Danny and the twins were outside waiting for me. They gave me a ride since it's my first day back.

Then, I got to see my baby before class with her cute ass. Now, I get to sit in this boring ass English class, but Leah's here to keep me company.

I spoke to Kani too. I don't know what possessed me to do that, but I'm sure she knows about Leah and I. I'm not trying to entertain anything with her, especially being with Leah now. I don't wanna be in anymore drama.

I was on my phone as I sat next to Leah in English class. Class hasn't started yet, so I was playing a lil game to pass the time. I was interrupted when Kani stopped in front of my desk.

"Glad to have you back, Will. You look great."

"Thanks, glad to be back." I replied as she walked off to her seat.

I glanced at Leah as she just sat there, rolling her eyes.

"What?"

"Nothing, just know I'm not about to be fighting over you with that bitch." She said with an attitude.

"You have nothing to worry about."

"Yeah, okay we'll see."

Ms. Jones walked in, shocked by my presence.

"Wow, welcome back, William. We've missed you in this class. I hope you're feeling better." She put her bags down.

"Yes, ma'am I'm feeling better. I'm just ready to get caught back up."