XLIX.

DANNY

School's been boring without Will. I only got one class with him, but him not being here just made it seem so boring. I was walking to my locker in between classes, when I saw Leah standing at hers.

I walked up to her locker and cleared my throat.

"Yes, may I help you?"

"I wanted to talk to you about that night at the hospital."

"It's whatever. I'm not sweating it anymore. You said what you said. Nothing we can do about it now." She closed her locker.

"Yeah, but I wanted to apologize for the way I came at you. I was angry and thought my best friend would die. I had so much anger and rage that I directed all of it towards you cause you seemed like an easy target, which wasn't fair. I'm really sorry if I made you feel some type of way." I said in a sad tone.

She just stood there and stared at me in silence.

"I get you were worried about Will, but I was too and I didn't come at you. I'd never want anything to happen to him. He means a lot to me, so I get how you were feeling because I was feeling the same way."

"Do you accept my apology?"

"Yeah, it's over. Will's better now, so let's just focus on that." She said before walking off.

Okay, good she forgives me. I didn't think about how she was feeling during that time. Hopefully, this means we can be friends in the future.

LEAH

"Damn, slow down. It's not going anywhere you know." I scrunched my face at Tasha as she munched away on her taco.

"Shut up, I skipped breakfast and I'm hungry as hell."

"No one told your dumb ass to skip breakfast.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and finished her food.

"Anyway, check this out, Will's lil sidekick apologized to me." I told her.

"That Danny kid? For what?"

"You remember how he came at me the day of the shooting?"

She nodded. "Yeah, that dude was mad disrespectful."

I nodded. "He was. He's lucky I didn't pop him in his shit, but next time he comes wrong at me I'll drop his ass." I stated in a serious tone.

"I'm with you on that, angel. I'll fuck his ass up too."

"Did you accept his apology though?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean shit. I just don't want any bad blood." I shrugged

"True, that."

"How are you and Katie?" I drank some of my water.

"Eh, she's mad at me because she caught me staring at a girl's ass."

I bursted into laughter.

"It's not funny, Leah."

"It is. That's a shame, Tasha. You should know better."

"I can't help, but to look at a fat ass. Speaking of that..." She cut her sentence short and smacked my ass.

I hit her upside her head.

"Me and you are gonna end up fighting. Keep playing with me."

She chuckled. "All that cushion back there." She smiled.

I just rolled my eyes, ready for lunch to end.

WILL

I was laying in my bed watching TV as usual. This is all I be doing now since I can't attend school yet or play ball. I was scrolling through movies, when I got a phone call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered, suspiciously.

"Hello, I'd like to speak to a William Pierce." The lady on the other end of the line said.

"Uh, yes this is he. May I ask who's calling?"

"This is Mary, the hiring manager here at Jenny's. I was calling about the position you applied for."

"Yes, is there a problem?"

"No, we called a few days back, but we heard the news about your accident. You got the job, but we don't know if you still want the position."

"Yes, I'd love the position still."

"Okay, when will you be able to start? I know with your situation, it might take some time."

"Well, Christmas is on Thursday, so I can start the Monday after if that works for you."

"Yes, that works. You'll begin your training that Monday at 10 am, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am, I'll be there." I insisted.

"Okay, great. It was nice talking to you and I can't wait to work with you. I'll See you Monday and enjoy your holiday."

"Thank you, ma'am. I can't wait to work with you too. See you Monday and happy holidays to you as well." I said before hanging up.

Yes! I got the job at Jenny's. It's starting to look good for me. Since I can't play ball, I can work more at Jenny's and save up for college. I can even save up for a car, so Leah can stop coming for me. This was great news and I needed it.

LEAH

I was in the middle of doing my homework, when my phone rang. I grabbed it off my dresser and saw that Will was calling, making me smile instantly.

I picked up on the 2nd ring. "Hello."

"Damn, took you forever to answer."

"Whatever, I was doing my homework before you called." I got back to work.

"For what class?"

"Calculus."

"Shit, have fun with that."

"Don't worry, you'll be back to school soon, so enjoy what lil time you have left because your break will soon be over."

He sucked his teeth. "Man, don't remind me. Back to doing work and shit." He sighed.

"Yep, you should be fully charged and ready."

"I'm not."

"Well, you better get ready." I said, doing a math problem.

"Guess what."

"What?"

"Your friend apologized to me today." I replied.

"That's good. There shouldn't be anymore drama between y'all."

"Yeah, we'll see."

"My turn, I got some good news too."

"What's the good news?"

"I got the job at Jenny's."

I could feel him smiling.

"That's good, Will. I'm happy for you. Now, you can save up for a car." I replied, being petty.

"Aye, you're gonna stop coming for me."

"I'm just saying." I giggled.

"Well, don't say."

"Blah, blah. Anyway, lemme finish my work. We'll talk later."

"Ight, bye big head."

I smiled. "Bye ugly."

And with that, I hung up the phone and went back to my homework, trying to finish it. Ugh! I hate Math!