XXXIV.

WILL

The final bell rung, indicating school was out. It's already been a long day and I was ready to go home. I stood at my locker, putting away my books, when Kani walked past.

"Hey." I pulled her to the side.

"Hey." She said, dryly.

"Sorry about the way I approached you at lunch. I ain't mean to come at you like that."

"Yeah, you came at me sideways all because Danny wants to lie." She started to walk away.

I grabbed her wrist and gently pulled her back.

"Listen, I'm sorry ight? I didn't know what to believe. Let's talk about it over dinner and a movie tonight." I suggested with a cheesy smile.

"I can't tonight. I already have plans with some girls from my classes. Another time?" She asked as she looked at her phone.

"Another time? We barely see each other as is, now you don't want to make any plans with me." I grew frustrated.

"I already had plans. I can't just bail on him now."

"Him?" I asked with my arms folded.

"I mean the girls. Listen, I gotta go. I'll call you later." She kissed my cheek and ran off.

Now, it's like she doesn't even want to hang out with me. It's like someone else got her attention or something. I just hope it's not what it looks like.

DANNY

Today's events at school were very interesting. We got a new class president. I had a substitute for math class. Oh, and I almost forgot. I almost fought my best friend. It's been quite a decent day.

I just finished putting all my books in my locker, when the twins approached me.

"So, are we going to talk about what happened at lunch today?" Aiden asked, chuckling.

"I can tell you what happened. Danny was about to get his ass whooped!" Brayden cracked up.

"Whatever, Brayden. He wasn't going to hit me. He's not like that."

"Call his girl out her name again and I guess we'll see if he's like that." He said.

"Shut up, anyway, Danny what was all that about for real?" Aiden asked seriously.

"The night we went to the movies, I saw Kani there with Andre." I closed my locker.

"When I approached her about it, she just claimed they were friends, but didn't want me to bring it up to Will." I added.

"Damn, that's some slimy shit." Aiden stated.

"Not really. They could've just went as friends." Brayden said, looking down at his phone.

Me and Aiden both stared at him with the most serious face until he looked up from his phone.

"What? I go to the movies with friends all the time, it's no big deal." Brayden shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, when those friends are girls, y'all just enjoy the movie?" I asked.

"Yeah, we enjoy the movie. Then, we....ohh...wait! That slimy hoe! She's cheating on Will!" Brayden exclaimed.

"You're so damn slow, bro. I don't know how we're related." Aiden shook his head.

"Well, I tried to tell him, but he didn't believe me. That's when he confronted her, but all she did was deny the fact that she's messing around."

"Did you take a picture or something?" Brayden asked.

"No, I didn't."

"No face, no case buddy." He responded.

"I shouldn't need proof. He should just believe me! I'm his best friend and we've been friends longer than they've been together, meaning he should believe me over her!" I expressed.

"That's his girl. When she acts all innocent and pure, it's hard for him to see past her lies." Aiden stated.

"I guess that's true, but damn it hurts my feelings that he's willing to fight me over her." I said in a sad tone.

"In all fairness, you did call the girl out her name." Brayden stated.

"Twice." Aided added.

"That's what she is. She's playing Will. It's just too bad that he's going to have to find out the hard way." I said, unconcerned.

"That's the only way people can learn, sadly." Aiden replied.

"Yo, can we go already? Damn, talk in the car." Brayden retorted as he walked down the hallway.

"Whatever." Aiden and I said in unison as we followed behind him.