VII.

WILL

~Few Hours Later~

The bell rung, indicating that it was lunch time. Everyone got up and packed their belongings. I was the first one out the door, trying to avoid any contact with Leah. I rushed to the cafeteria, grabbed my food, and rushed to my seat. I sat and ate my food quietly, until the loudest person in the school came in the cafeteria. Brayden. He and the rest of the gang sat at the table with me and it was back to normal shenanigans as usual, until Kani walked over with her lunch tray, sitting right next to me.

"Hey, Will...are you okay? You were acting a lil weird during English." She replied, worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm good. I just zoned out." I said, nervously.

I turned to look around the cafe and who catches my eye? Leah, of course. Why couldn't I escape this girl? Maybe, if I just keep my head down and not look, she won't see me. Yeah, that should work.

LEAH

I walked into the cafeteria and felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked to the left of me and lo and behold. There he was, staring at me. Whyyyy God. I whined in my head.

He looked even sexier, since I last saw him

He looked even sexier, since I last saw him. His beautiful chocolate skin, complimented with his ocean-like waves, followed by his hypnotizing brown eyes. Damn, just looking at him gave me goosebumps.

Here I am in the middle of the cafeteria, frozen to my spot, staring at my once best friend. Sexual thoughts immediately ran through my mind. God, was he a fine specimen.

I couldn't take my eyes off of his brown ones. Those mesmerizing eyes that I always adored looking at. Those beautiful eyes that always made me weak. Just one look and my knees would get numb. Those striking eyes that always trapped me in a trance, staring deep into my soul like they're doing now.

Wait a minute! No! Shit, Leah we've had this talk already in first period! Don't let him get to you! My conscience yelled.

I broke our stare off and noticed a girl sitting next to him. She turned her face, giving me a good look at her.

This bitch?! He's hanging with the new girl now? I really need to keep my distance from here on out. I thought.

I looked away from them, ignoring their presence and proceeded to get my lunch. Once I did that, I joined my best friend, Tasha at our usual table.

"Hey, angel." She greeted, once I took a seat next to her.

"Hi, devil."

"How are classes so far?"

"Good so far." Except I have to see Will everyday. "What about you? How are classes?"

"They're okay. I don't know about my History class, but we'll see how it goes." She shrugged.

Natasha Isabella Cruz, also known as Tasha, who's a pain in my ass and also my best friend

Natasha Isabella Cruz, also known as Tasha, who's a pain in my ass and also my best friend. We met at Jenny's and we've been besties since our Freshmen year. She's on the other side of the fence, being gay and all and it's pretty annoying when she tries to hit on me. I'm her "crush" so she says. However, crush or not, back the fuck up. Strictly dickly over here, but nonetheless she's my bitch.

"Girl, don't sweat it. You'll pull through, but let me tell you about first period."

"Spill, bitch." She stated, ready for this tea I was about to spill.

"So, I walk into class and I see this new girl in my seat. Now, me being me, I approached her and let her know that she was in my seat. I wasn't rude about it. Well, at least I thought I wasn't, but this lanky ass bitch wanted to get smart." I said, annoyed.

"Then, what happened?"

"Bitch, this bitch had the nerve to get rude with me. Talking about, "I don't see your name on it."" I mimicked her irritating voice.

Tasha laughed. "Girl, don't ever make that voice again. Shit ugly as hell." She cackled.

I laughed with her and moments later, we were cackling it up.

"Anyway, I got rude back and so, she got up and went to another seat. She did the right thing, cause I wasn't in the mood for bullshit."

"Awe, someone got my Leah all riled up." Tasha said, being funny.

"Shut up, hoe."

Tasha chuckled. "But, seriously, I'm sure she knows not to mess with you after that."

"She better not, cause I will beat her ass." I was getting mad all over again.

Tasha shook her head. We sat there, ate our lunch, and conversed some more until it was time to go to our last set of classes.

After the bell rung, we threw our trash away, and headed to class, ready for the day to end.