IV.

~A Few Days After Jenny's And It's The First Day of Junior Year, Yay! 😒~

WILL

"Okay, class we're going to break into pairs, so we can break down the chapters of the book we're starting." My English teacher, Ms. Jones said.

As everybody began to break into groups, I came to realize that I didn't have a partner. My usual partner was Leah when we would have class together, but after the fall out, we haven't really talked much after.

The good thing was that she was absent today. Maybe, she wasn't feeling good. I hope she's okay. Maybe, I should call to see if she's okay...wait! No! She doesn't want me in her life anymore, so I got to learn to leave her be.

"William, you don't have a partner I see." Ms. Jones said.

"It's fine, Miss. I can work alone. It's not a problem."

It's moments like this where I wish Danny was in my classes, but he's not the brightest star when it comes to school. My schedule consists of mostly AP courses. Danny wouldn't last a day.

As everyone in class started to work on their chapters, the door opens. In, walks the dean and a new student. I swear she looked familiar, but my seat was in the back, so I couldn't really see.

"Hello, class y'all have a new student. Her name is..."He trailed.

"Kaniyah." She answered for him.

"Ohh, yes that's right. Kaniyah Jackson. Make her feel welcomed." He said before walking out.

"Hello, Kaniyah I'm Ms. Jones, your English teacher. We're glad to have you." She said with a welcoming smile.

"We were just getting into pairs to work on an assignment. You can pair with William. He doesn't have a partner. William, raise your hand." Ms. Jones yelled across the class.

I looked up, raising my hand to see the beautiful girl from the other day I seen at Jenny's walking towards me.

"Help her up to speed, William." Ms. Jones said.

"Yes, ma'am."

"You can sit here next to me." I told Kaniyah pointing at the chair.

"Thanks." She replied as she sat.

"Hey, you're the boy that helped me up in Jenny's." She said, laughing.

"Yeah, and you're the girl that can't walk in heels." I replied, trying not to laugh.

She playfully hit my shoulder." Shut up, they were new."

"Don't be hitting on me. I don't know you like that. Now, my arm hurts." I grabbed my arm.

"Boy, I ain't even hit you that hard. All that muscle and you whining." "Now, catch me up like Ms. Jones said." She replied with a fake attitude.

"Fine, Ms. bossy." I replied, opening my books.

As we started talking about the assignment, we got off track and started to get to know each other instead. We completely forgot about the assignment and before you knew it, class was over as the bell rung.

"Okay, class tomorrow we'll go over the chapters and discuss what everybody came up with. Have a nice day." Ms. Jones said.

"Damn, we ain't even get to read our chapter cause we busy talking." I laughed.

"So, what are we gonna do about tomorrow?" Kaniyah asked.

"Well, where do you live? Maybe, you can come over and we can read the chapter together." I suggested.