XX.

LEAH

~A Week Later~

It's been a week since I've been suspended and boy my parents went in on my ass. They were so pissed that they ended up taking my car from me.

It was hell, but I ended up getting it back. I got caught up on all of the assignments I missed from my classes. I promised myself I wouldn't get into anymore trouble and I'm gone live up to that promise.

It was the end of the school day and practice was in session. The guys were running plays while the girls were warming up. As I was doing my stretches, two girls came up to me.

"Hey, that was some fight last week." A girl named Tracy said.

"Yeah, you kicked Kani's ass." Her friend, Tanya agreed."

"Y'all, it was just a fight, I want to move on from that." I stated.

"Girl, you bad. You broke that poor girl's nose. I bet she won't say anymore slick shit after that." Tanya laughed.I couldn't help the chuckle that slipped from my lips.

"You hoes talking about me?" Kani's kangaroo ass asked.

"Kani, gone somewhere. Ain't nobody talking to you." Tracy said.

"You're talking about me, so when I hear my name being used I'ma make it my business."

"Girl, sit your long neck ass down. Ain't nobody stunting you. Oh, by the way, how's your nose?" Tanya asked, being funny.

Kani stood furious as the girls laughed it up. I even joined in with them.

"Something funny, Leah?" She asked.

"Obviously, since I'm laughing dumb ass." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, you're just jealous of me."

"Jealous how? Bitch, you're crazy if you think that bullshit. You have nothing I want."

"I have Will." She said with her arms crossed as a smirk appeared on her face. She really thought she did something there.

"It's quite obvious you're mad that he's with me and not your bogus ass."

I chuckled. "Kani, please if I wanted William, I can easily have him. I bet you never inquired about our relationship. If I were you, I'd keep tabs on him." I smirked as she frowned.

"You bitch!" She yelled as she walked up to me. I stood my ground, ready for round two with this bitch. I know I promised I wasn't going to get into trouble, but fuck that. This bitch keeps trying me.

WILL

The team and I were running plays and the girls were stretching on the other side of the gym. I was hoping for a nice and calm practice, but that wasn't gonna happened. Brayden ran up to me, talking about Kani and Leah were arguing again.

I walked over there before anything escalated and what do you know? They get louder and Kani even tried to run up on Leah. Hell no! Not again!

I quickly ran towards them and grabbed Kani right before she got to Leah's face. I dragged her away as she threw a fit for me to let her go.

"Let my ass go, Will!" She screamed.

"No, you're not fighting anymore, especially not her. I'm tired of y'all's beef!" I replied once we were in a safe distance.

"Her ass always saying some slick ass shit!" Kani retorted.

"Girl, ain't nobody worried about your slow ass." Leah replied, unbothered.

Kani tried to run past me to get to Leah, but I caught her before she could even get close.

"You need to control your bitch. She keep running up on me, I'm gone break more than her nose." Leah laughed.

"Ain't shit funny, bitch!" Kani shouted.

"How about you just leave my girl alone, Leah. Y'all had y'all lil petty fight, now it's over. Just try and keep y'all's distance and remarks to yourself." I said.

"Her ass started with me! Yo dumb ass need to check your bird brained bitch. Like I said, ain't nobody worried about her ass." Leah said as she walked away.

"Whatever." Kani rolled her eyes.

"Listen, I know y'all not friends, but y'all are on the same squad. Y'all need to figure out how to manage that. What's going to happen when I'm not around next time?"

"What are you saying? You don't think I can fight her alone or something?" She asked, aggravated.

"Yes, hoe!" Tanya shouted.

"No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying-" I got cut off before I could finish my sentence.

"Whatever, Will I'll see you after practice." She replied and walked away.

"Wait...baby! Kani...fuck." I put my head in my palm.

"Don't you love when chicks fight over you." Brayden said, walking up to me.

I looked at him. "Shut up, bro." I replied, aggravated.

This was going to be a long practice.

~After Practice~

After I got home, I showered, and put on fresh clothes. I was bored and in need of someone to talk to, so I decided to hit up the twins to see if they'd meet up with me at Jenny's. I had a lot on my mind and I needed to release my thoughts.

I no longer had Danny, so they were the next best thing. I grabbed my phone and went to our message thread.

—————————

—————————

They agreed, so I busied myself until it was time to go. I sat in the living room and watched TV. The front door opened and my mom walked in. That was shocking. "Ma, you're here early."

"Yeah, I got off early." She stated.

"Can I borrow the car to go to Jenny's? I won't be long."

She took a minute to think about it. "Yes, you can borrow it."

"Thank you." I got up and hugged her.

"Mhm." She replied and went upstairs. I went back on the couch and took a nap.

Two hours later, I woke up and checked the time, 6:45 pm. I got up, grabbed the car keys, said goodbye to my mom, and was off to Jenny's.