Chapter 68 - Feathers in the sea

"Congratulations my child, you have defeated Jormungand." My Goddess whispered.

I opened my eyes, and I stared deep into the cosmos that was held within my goddess's eyes. She didn't say a word, she just stared back into my eyes.

"I-I didn't d-do anything. That was all Leo." I managed to squeak out.

She flew higher into the air with a smile etched onto her face. Then the cold sensation of something mental was under me. I looked down and it was like I was laying down on Zack's solidified air.

"It was because of your ability to defy Jormungand that gave Leopold the strength to fight. It was also your acceptance of him into your group that spurred him on to change. Lastly, it was your punch that staggered Jormungand, letting the twins triumph. As far as I see it, my child, you had a heavy hand in this victory."

"I suppose.."

I stood up from the floor and faced her. This didn't feel like the last few times. I was nervous, but not afraid. My heart raced, but I didn't feel helpless.

"For your victory, a new ability will be granted to you. The true symbol of the knight's class. His blade."

She held out her hands, and a blue flame erupted to life. The cold air that wrapped around me seemed to vanish in the presence of it. The flame began to flicker, and fade away. Soon leaving behind a smoking Albion blade.

"This blade has a class of its own and will grow as you do. It has a special place in your new enchanted items inventory. You may choose to evolve your Ascalon blade, or create enchanted equipment for yourself."

"Is this what Weislung has?"

"Now three of the seven knights hold their special blades. Arrow, Weislung, and now Stryder. Keep me entertained, my knight." She said with a laugh.

Haze started to flood the area around me, soon stealing my sight of the stars. I closed my eyes, and suddenly it felt like the sun was beaming down on me. I opened my eyes, and I stared at the ceiling. I looked over to my right and saw my kitchen. This means I'm home.

I sat up and something slid down from my chest. I looked and saw a sheathed blade. The handle was the same as the one from the vision. I turned around and found Lux asleep on the couch. Then I caught a glance at Zack asleep on the floor beside me. Wait, ZACK!?

I popped up and punched him in the chest. He grunted and immediately sat up.

"Ah! The hell i-!?"

"Zack!" I cheered and tackled him.

"I was promised hundreds of virgins after I died. Not a Stryder."

"Shut up idiot and hug me! You're alive!"

"Do I have to?"

I just ignored him and hugged him.

"Where the hell am I? Your place?"

"I said hug me!"

He groaned and wrapped his arms around me. Then I tighten my hug like he was gonna vanish. Then the floodgates opened, and my tears streamed down my face.

"I told you, you got this, cry baby." Zack chuckled.

"Awww, aren't you two cute?" Lux purred.

Zack immediately threw me off of him.

"Did you just take a picture of us!?" Zack shrieked and threw me away from him.

"What? Me? Nonsense, I'm totally not sending this to Valentina and Alexis right now."