Chapter 31 - Hero's payday

"The hell did you do to him? Hittem with a train!?" Jack cried out as he looked over the lizard kid.

Well, he wasn't exactly a lizard anymore. After he passed out. He changed...

"Did you beat up a model!?" Lux cried.

The kid was ridiculously handsome. Even with all the welts and bruises on his body. He still looked like he walked right out of an action movie. He had creamy skin that seemed blemish free. And his blonde hair seemed unrealistically bright. I had him chained up to a tree deep in the woods. Jack and Lux were examining him like he was a alien or something.

"Its actually unfair how handsome is..."Jack grumbled.

"You said Zack's on his way right?" I asked.

"That's what Arthur texted me." Jack replied as he stood up.

I took my mask off and sighed. I wondered how long it was gonna be till he woke up. Jack was refusing to say anything at all to help me. Just here to watch the show. But to be honest, I felt relived he was here still. If he broke out I wasn't sure I'd be able to catch him again.

"Woo hoo! And the wiza! Has arrived!" I heard that idiot wail from above...

We all looked up, and there Zack was. The green flares form his fire were illuminating the night sky. He rocketed down and landed in the middle of all us. To my surprise he was in his mask. But the surprise didn't end there. He was also wearing a bunch of new threads! He wasn't in his same old AC/DC shirt anymore. He was wearing brand new red van's highstops ,New Black ripped Jean's and a black and dark red hoodie. His Hood was up and his masks colors complimented it quit nicely.

"Zack?" I asked.

He snickered."The one and only."

"Where did you..?"

"Big man Arthur gave the Alley of justice some dona-" He stopped talking as he seemed to catch sight of the kid chained up."The hell happened here? Kid looks like he's leaking hamburger helper!" Zack shrieked.

"Did you steal those clothes!?" I yelled.

"W-what!? Me!? Steal!? I'm a superhero now that's behind me!" Zack yarped back.

"You just stole some snickers from the convenience store last week!"

"Forgot that place! They were trash talking the wizard!"

"I mean you did rob them after all."

"Hey that was only after-"

"Boys!" Lux roared.

We both jumped to her voice and looked back to her.

"Sorry Lux.." We both said in unison.

"Did Arthur give you the credit card?" Jack asked as he turned to face Zack.

Zack flung his hood off and went to take his mask off.

"Damn right he did. Plus!" He went into his pocket and pulled out a smart phone. It looked sleek and brand new. The back was red and the front just looked like all screen."This bad boy!"

"I-is that a smartphone?" I asked.

"Yup, you got one too." He chimed.

He went into his pocket again and pulled out a similar looking phone. He tossed it over to me and I caught it. The phone really was slick and cold to the touch. I'd never seen a phone as fancy as this. The back of my phone was blue.

"Plus your own credit card." Zack said as be flicked a card toward me.

I jumped and I quickly caught it, fumbling a bit with it.