Chapter 70 - Looking to the sky

"Sorry, I didn't mean to break your ribs!" Rushon apologized over and over again.

I just chuckled and waved him off.

"Don't worry about it, really. I appreciate you not holding back." I glanced down at the ice that was healing my side. "Besides, Jack can fix me no problem."

"Yeah, what the hell was that at the beginning of the match!? You threw out that shy guy routine real quick!"

"I apologize, I let my emotions get the best of me," Rushon mumbled.

"Don't apologize Rushon, trash needs to be taken out every once in a while. Well, the trash and Stryder." Jack snickered.

"Who you calling Trash!?" Zack roared.

"The guy who lost the match in the first thirty seconds," Jack replied.

"Or better yet, the guy who tried to use wind defenses against a wind bender," I added in.

"Hey! Whose side are you on anyway!?"

"Not yours."

"What, do you two need couples therapy?" Jack asked.

Zack and I simultaneously growled. Which only made Jack laugh.

"That has to be cheating! You're freaking overpowered! I got nothing to fight against you!" Zack complained.

"That's not it at all, he won because he worked harder than the both of you combined," Jack snapped.

"This is just your fault then! Because you have favorites! Clearly, you actually trained him!"

And for once, I didn't disagree with Zack. It was painfully obvious he trained with him more.

"What? You get some easy money and you suddenly think everything should be handed to you?" Jack scoffed.

"No! It's just not fair that-"

"I'm not gonna beg you both to train ya know? I'm not that type of guy who plans things out. If you want to train, you can tell me and we will. Last time I checked, you two only ever ask for heals and rides. Which is fine, I don't care what you do. But don't go insulting someone's hard work because you're too lazy to work for it like he did." Jack pointed to Rushon. "Show'em the scars."

"W-what? Do I have to?" Rushon stammered.

"Just do it." Jack huffed.

Scars? Did Jack give him scars?

Rushon took a moment and removed his shirt. Then walked over to us. I was at a loss for words as I scanned his body. He was fit, but his body was a canvas of war. Scars of all shapes and sizes riddled his body. I never even noticed the scars on his neck.

"How did this happen..?" I mumbled

"It's nothing really I-"

"Didn't you notice he never used a wind attack that sliced you? Even the tornado that surrounded you both only pulled up debris. It's because he can't make a tornado that size that's strong enough to do anything like that. However, he can make small ones that are close to his body." Jack said.

"And you hurt yourself while doing it?" I asked.

"A curse from the goddess." Rushon mumbled." That's why I usually only wear metal boots. When I do a tornado kick that shreds, it protects my feet."

"His ability to increase his speed, the wavy thing. He can't breathe while he does that, which means it has a pretty short time of effect." Jack added in.