Chapter 34 - A girl and her ship

“How did I miss the kid!?” Zack shrieked as we watched Leo seemingly appear from nowhere.

He leaned down to Weis and whispered something to him. Which turned his excited face into a more of a grumpy look.

I slowly lowered my weapons and looked them over a bit. 

“Everyone cahlm down, playse! it was just a misunderstanding!” Elizabeth cried out to Zack.

Who slowly stepped down toward her, like he was descending down a staircase on air. Fire still rotating around his hand. I looked over to Weis and Leo. He seemed to have tamed the beast. Weis was looking bored and agitated. And was grumbling something in japanese.

“What do you mean misunderstanding!?” Zack yelled. “Did Mr.Anime not try and fillet my sidekick!"

And there he goes calling me a sidekick again..

“He won’t attack again.” Leo called out to us. “Besides, none of us have attacked either. Nor has anyone struggled out of the pathetic vines you made.”

I guess he had a point there. Everyone was pretty calm, even Weis.

“Excuse me charmander!?” Zack roared.

“I believe you.” I called and quickly jogged over to them.

“Are you insulting the mighty wizard!?” Zack hollered as he dropped down in front of Leo. 

Bean turned and gave Leo a similar glare. 

“You know, your breath is almost as bad as your goblins. So I suggest you move before I make you move.” Leo bellowed back as he glared at Zack.

But Zack didn't move an inch. I saw Leo lift his hand, and I could see the rugged draconic scales begin to form on his arm.

“You wanna go barney!?” Zack roared. 

Crap! I needed to stop this!

I  quickly dashed over and slid in between them just in time. Leo's reptilian claws slammed into my shield. Wisps of steam rose from his fist as he glared at Zack.

“Let’s just calm down, alright?”
I grunted as I looked back into Leo's eyes.

He looked astonished for a moment. Staring back into my eyes. Then, he quickly pulled his hand back and turned around.

“Whatever.” He huffed.

“Oh no we're not do-!”

I swiftly turned around and yanked Zack's hair. 

"The hell are you-!” 

Blue sparkles appeared around his face for a moment. Then Clank! He fell face first onto the ground as I summoned the heaviest helmet I could think of over his face.

 Zack flailed around as he desperately tried to yank the helmet off. The idiot wasn't even looking for the latch lock..

The vines suddenly vanished from around everyone. Retreating back into the ground.

“So I take it your here for a sparring match?" I asked. 

The girls stood up and stretched. Isabella looked rather annoyed, while Elizabeth had a chipper smile still on her face. While Weislung just looked pissed off.

“Fune ni modorimasu. Itsu tatakaeru ka oshietekudasai.” Weis grunted to Leo.

“Hai.” Leo replied.

“yup! We ool ready challanged a few othas. So you’re next on the leest.”

“Ahhh! I’m gonna kill you!” Zack roared.