The Destroyer of Worlds

-Before Stryder arrived-

It was like the whole town was asleep. Not a sound, not a single light. I was starting to think this was pointless. Who does Stridiot think he is anyways!? Bossing me around. Like the enemy is just gonna be out in the open.

Just when I was about to turn around, an explosion broke the silence of the night. It puzzled me a bit, I'm sure if it wasn't dead silent I would've missed it. The sound was really soft. I turned toward it and saw puffs of smoke rising to the sky. But why were there puffs and not just a tower of smoke? It kinda reminded me of a smoke sig-

"Oh zeppelin that's a smoke signal. Hiya Bean! To the sign! Lower your speed and go invisible, this could be a trap."

I held onto the railing and Bean began to morph. The veins popped on his body, and his green skin became ashen in color. Once he was completely grey we took off. When we got close, the tower of smoke abruptly stopped. I scanned the area below as Bean descended down. There were three people running around behind a warehouse.

When I got right above them I could tell who they were. It was Alexis, Valentina, and some old dude with a mullet. Alexis was in handcuffs and Valentina was staggering back from the mullet guy. He looked like he had a gun pointed at her. He snatched Alexis by the hair with his free hand and yanked her to him.

I gritted my teeth, I can't just run in yet.

"You stupid privilege tramp. This is my tool, and you can't have her." He snickered.

"She's not a thing! She's a person!" Valentina roared.

"Whatever, doesn't matter now. It's not like your dumb smoke signal did a damn thing. So let me show you what you get for not listening."

He started to laugh and turned his head toward Alexis. Then he clocked her in the face. She fell face-first onto the ground and he immediately stomped on her head. Next thing I knew I was shoving my hand into his face. The last thing I saw was the shock in his walnut eyes as I roasted him alive.

An explosion sparked from my palms and sent the trash flying back into the side of the building. Where he started screaming for his life. I dropped down to my knees and picked Alexis up.

"Hey, you okay!?"

She coughed and turned to face me. Blood was dripping down her nose, and her eye was swollen.

"Zack?" She mumbled.

"Yeah, it's me, it's me."

"Ahhh! It burns! It burns!"

I looked over and watched the guy I roasted spaze on the ground. Right, he wasn't dead yet. I needed to rectify that soon.

"Zack! You have to warn the others! They're here for-" Valentina cried from behind, but I stopped her.

"I know, we need to hurry up and get out of here. They're trying to use you both as bargaining chips."

"I'm so sorry Zack.."Alexis sat up and stepped back from me. "I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to."

"Hey, calm down what are you talking about?"

"We don't have time for this right now. Pepper spray isn't gonna hold the dragon forever!" Val yelled.

"Val you just go! I don't deserve to after what I did!"

"No way!" Val demanded as she ran over to us.

'You have a traitor.'

Icarus's words rang in my head.

"Alexis, you're the traitor aren't you?" I asked.