Chapter 39 - Cutting loose

"Stryder, I didn't expect to see you here though. Finally cutting loose huh?" Jack chirped.

"Yeah, the Alley of justice not only fights crime, but we also fight posers." Zack cheered as he stepped forward.

Wait, did he just say we?

"Oh is that right? You two gonna take my crown?" Jack huffed as he folded his arms.

"Wait, wait no I was just-"

"Were totally gonna mop the floor with you!" Zack cheered.

"Zack wait I-"

"Alright! then lets see what the Alley of Justice got!" Jack cheered toward the crowd.

And everyone went wild, and I felt like I was gonna pee myself! Zack just dragged me into a dance-off. I can't even do the cha-cha slide right! Oh God everyone's looking at me! I moved my hand back to pull up on my hood. And I felt all the warmth drain from my body. No, no, no, no! I grabbed Zack's arm and yanked him down to me.

"Zack what the hell do you think you're doing!?" I whispered to him. "I can't even do the hockie pokie!"

"Ah! Chill out your gonna break my arm!" Zack pleaded.

I looked down and noticed the all too familiar blue mist coming from my arm. Crap! I forgot it was emotion based! I let him go and he yanked his arm back and stretched.

"Just relax, I have a plan for that alright." Zack groaned.

My heart felt like it was gonna pop right out of my chest. Everyone's eyes, all their eyes were on me. Jack walked off in front of us. While the crowd went wild. I, however, was too focused on calming my breathing. He was getting started, doing something very reminiscent of what Zack was doing earlier.

"A-and what is your big idea?" I stammered out.

"Do you remember how to do your parkour kickflips and stuff?"

"Y-yeah? But that's not dancing!"

"Look, I'll cover that up. Just manifest a weapon and as soon as it forms dispel it as your jumping around. It'll make a blue mist that will hype me up."

"I can't do that! E-everyones watching me!" I cried.

"You don't really have a choice. We're already here, and if you just leave there gonna be looking at you a lot harder. Just close your eyes."

"Just close my eyes..?"

"Yeah, I'll work with whatever you give me. Just go."

He looked me in my eyes, and I looked into his. We stared at each other for a moment, and then I quickly looked away, losing our battle of wills.

"Not like I have much of a choice.."

"That's the spirit! Just trust me." He snickered.

I looked up and I saw a jaw-dropping sight. Snowflakes! Like fully detailed snowflakes were floating around the crowd. It was beautiful. It was like a Christmas movie! All the while Jack danced under the falling snow that glittered the field.

"Show off..." Zack grumbled.

"You sure, you sure you want to rely on me? You'd be better calling over weis or something ya know?"

"You think I can find weis by the time Jacks done?" He said as he gave me a look.

"Right, I just-"

"Besides!" I felt Zack move his arm around me. "Were in this together! The ultimate tag team duo!"

Suddenly the crowd lit ablaze with cheers and praise. While Jack raised his arms high in the air, which only made the crowd go wilder.