Chapter 87 - The Dragon's Lair

-Two week away from the Mors game -

Ever since we started flying on Bean, his eyes were scanning all over the place. I wondered if he learned a new trick or something.

"Hey Zack, did ya learn something new with your training?" I asked.

He didn't respond immediately, he just continued to stare intensely at the ground.

"You have no idea." He replied.

Soon Bean breached through the clouds, and the small island we had been trashing came into view.

"Yes! It works! I'm a genius!" Zack cheered.

I rolled my eyes.

"What did you figure out? Oh, great Genius."

"My vines! I didn't realize before, but I can feel the terrain around them. So I was testing to see how much of an area I can cover with the island, and from what distance. I can tell when and where people are walking around pretty well."

Zack chuckled and carried a wide grin on his face. There was something off about him lately. He seemed a lot happier than usual.

"That's awesome! That means you don't have to fully rely on Bean for scouting, better yet-"

"We can work together! I can get him an idea of where people are, and get him to get visuals. Maybe I should start adding tech to my stuff like Icarus does."

I blinked a few times.

"Huh, I never thought about that before," I mumbled.

Soon Bean landed and we hopped off. Zack nudged me and held up his hand. Showing off a finger gun with his index finger on fire.

"You should totally get a Glock."

He snickered and started to walk forward.

"That's actually not a bad idea. Maybe I can carry some chemicals on me that reacts to metals differently." I said and followed his lead.

"Yeah, maybe you can ask the dictator for chemical advice."

"Do you mean Val?"

"I bet her name translates to dream smasher in some languages."

I sighed.

"You're so rude."

We continued to walk through the city, and the deeper we delved the more prominent Leo's voice became. Soon we walked in on him yelling at Wiz and Penelope. The two of them looked like they wrestled a bear! Penelope was leaning on her sword for standing support, while Wiz was heaving on the ground.

It hadn't occurred to me just how little I had dealt with the newbies. Leo had really taken charge of watching them.

"Come on! You both can't be this trash! You were under Jormungand! And you were with Sun Wukong!"

"This...this isn't my final trick." Wiz panted out.

"Right!" Penelope yelled.

Zack and I didn't say a word, we just sat back and watched. First, Penelope charged in. Her sword sparked with blue electricity, and so did her armor. She went to strike Leo's head, but he easily dodged and swept her legs from under her. She fell forward onto his back and he just tossed her off onto the ground.

"Your strike was predictable." Leo huffed.

She quickly rolled to her feet and charged back at Leo. That's when Wiz took off with wand in hand. A pinkish-blue glitter came from the tip, and Wiz looked creepily blood lusted.