Chapter 25 - Sorry

Everything was white, I didn't remember much. It was like the sun was crashing down on me. It didn't take long before, white turned into black. I felt this intense burning pain all over my body, I wanted to scream but I couldn't even breath. That's when everything went cold. I lost all feeling over my body, this feeling was familiar. That's when it hit me.

I must be dead

All I could see was the endless darkness, it felt like waves were pushing me on. I wonder if I'll come back this time?

I'm sorry Icarus, all those innocent people... I hope Zack survived at least.

That's when I saw the shimmering blue lights begin to sparkle around me. Slowly consuming the darkness, this was a first. Not a word from my Goddess.

As the darkness began to fade, I started to feel my body again. My vision started to come back to me, and I could see the dirty walls of my apartment. The feeling slowly started to come back to my legs slowly, I could feel the floor below me. I didn't have the strength to stand on my own, and I immediately collapsed.

"Stryder!" I heard Lux cry.

It didn't take long before I felt her grab onto me. The feeling in my legs slowly began to come back to me, I could see tears streaming down Lux's eyes as she moved me to the couch. Warmth slowly made its way back into my body, and I could move.

"Lux, is Zack okay? What about Icarus?" I frantically asked.

"Relax, Zack's on the floor over there. And Jack left soon after Rex attacked you both, I think he went to check on Icarus. So please listen to me for once and sit back!" Lux roared as she shoved me back down on the couch.

Her tears dropped onto my face, and I just stopped. It was just like when I fought stone all over again. I wasn't being considerate of her feelings...

"I'm sorry Lux, I'm okay I promise." I choked out.

She leaned down and buried her face into my chest.

"You idiot! You didn't listen to me!" She yelled into me. "I thought you were gone..."

I slowly moved my arms around her, rubbing her back.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"You're always doing this!"

"I know.."

I stayed quiet after that. I could feel her rough grip on my shirt slowly lessen. We stayed like that for a while, until her tears were gone. I wasn't really sure what to say to her, what could I say? I felt terrible for torturing her like this. But I didn't have a single regret about what I did. Icarus needed me, those people needed me...

"Stryder, be honest with me." I heard Lux ask as she slowly rose from my chest.

She sat up and properly sat down on the couch, and I followed her lead.

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked.

"Do you trust me?" she asked.

Lux was looking down and away from me, unlike her usual confident self. No warm smile, just a tear stained face and a fainted voice.

"Of course I do! Why would you even ask that?"

"You never tell me what you think, you're always so positive and cheerful to me. Even when we were kids and I stole your toys or lied to mom to get you in trouble. You never got mad at me." She paused for a moment, she was scanning her hands as if there was some script there to tell her what to say next. She stayed like that for a moment, then she looked up into my eyes. "But at the library, that was the first time you told me how something I did made you feel."