Chapter 41 - When does the blood wash off?

Blood, I watched as it trickled down from the locker like a sprung leak. Leaving a crimson trail and puddle on the floor. And underneath it was a limp body. And above him was Leo, who was being pulled away by our school's security guards. I stared breathlessly at the sight. What happened? What did he do!? Why did he...

All the students were swarming around it like bees to a hive. Buzzing around with there phones, taking pictures, and videos.

"Bro did Brad just get stomped by a freshman!?"

"I heard it all started from a your mom joke."

"He was like a freaking animal! Dudes a savage!"

I stayed in the flow of the crowd and listened carefully, trying my best to paint some kind of picture. The most common thing I heard was this Brad guy getting mad at Leo for bumping into him. Then things range from Leo just attacking him, to Brad making fun of him, to Zack sending Leo after Brad. Which, wouldn't be the first time he paid someone to fight his battles. But I knew Leo wouldn't do anything for Zack.

Then the late bell roared throughout the halls and the teachers got a lot more serious about us leaving. I wanted to see if I could find someone who had a video of the fight or something. But when they threatened detention, the rush got a lot more serious. Elizabeth, I needed to talk to Elizabeth. As we were scattering from the scene, I quickly fled to the bathroom. I checked if the coast was clear. Then I gave her a call.

"Crickay, diied yah meess me oolraydy?" She chuckled into the phone.

"Hey Elizabeth, if you're not busy could I meet me behind the school?"

"Oh, so bold Mr.hero. buh' yah should tyke me on a propah dyte befoah we jump that fah!" She snickered.

"Elizabeth, I'm serious. I need to talk to you about Leo. Can you meet me?"

"Oh, yeah, of coahss Oy cahn. diied somethin hahppen?"

"I'll tell you about it when I see you," I replied and quickly hung up.

I waited a bit, and then headed out of the bathroom. As I was making my way down the hall, I was almost immediately spotted. By none other than Valentina! What was she doing out here!? I felt the panic begin to set in. She tilted her head at me, and started to walk toward me. Think! Think! What would Zack say at a time like this!?

"Stryder? What are you doing out here?" Valentina inquired.

"N-nothing really, I just.." Think, think! "It's just, the pizza didn't sit well with my stomach if you catch my drift," I said with a nervous laugh.

She rolled her eyes and gave me a slight chuckle.

"I see, well you better hurry! You better not be sneaking off to see your girlfriend."

"W-what!? No no! She's just a friend." I said with a laugh.

"Whatever you say puppy dog." She hummed.

She waved off and proceeded to walk past me. I took a breath and started to walk ahead. That lie went easier than expected. Maybe I look less nervous now? Is that a good thing? Gosh, is Zacks bad side rubbing off on me...

I shrugged the thought off and just continued toward the backdoor. And once I arrived I carefully and quietly opened the back door.

"hy theah cutie!" I heard Elizabeth humm.

"Woah! Don't scare me like that!" I yelped.

She just chuckled and happily hoped back. I gave her a stale stare and sighed.