Halloween special!!

Fighting a horde of regenerating skeletons wasn’t the oddest thing I’ve ever done, but it was slowly becoming the most tiresome.

“Would you blast the crystal already! I’m running outta steam over here!” I ducked from a skeletons axe swing, wearing what I assumed to be viking type armor.

 I didn’t hesitate and slashed through his spine from below its rib cage. It crumbled to the ground like candy from a pinata. I took a step back, examining the rest of the horde slowly marching my way. The bones I just slashed began to shake and rattle, quickly reconnecting to one another. I started to pant as sweat rolled down my face. It feels like we’ve been at it for an eternity.

“I'm working on it! Didn't you like go to knight school or something? I don’t recall hearing about the great whiny knight!” He yarped at me.

 I felt a twinge in my eye from frustration.

“I’ve never heard of a magician that can’t hit a non moving target! I’ve cleared you a stupid path five times!”

“You think this is easy!? What the hell do you know about magic, HUMAN! I’ll have you know it’s extremely complex!”

“Yeah, mumbling some words and imagining a fireball is so complicated. I've been freaking killing hundreds of regenerating Skeleton warriors back-to-back. News flash! Humans get tired!” I charged forward and rammed a charging skeleton with my shield. 

 I readied myself as the horde started to grow closer. I was at my limit here. I was drenched in sweat and my sword and shield felt like two tons in my hands. If Zack screwed this up, our quest was gonna end here. 

I looked back as a dazzling green light shimmered in front of Zack. He had his hand held out to it with his eyes shut. The orb rippled and bubbled as it grew. His hair floated slightly in the air, and so did his robe. Just the other day he fell in a river chasing a cat who stole his spell book. I couldn’t believe this was the same guy, so focused, so powerful. 

Then suddenly the ball exploded like fireworks! Balls of fire fell down upon me and the skeletons like rain! Wait me and the-  I started running for my life as the death balls from the sky rained down on us all. I was just inches away from getting blasted by that green hell fire. I quickly collected my thoughts and darted toward the stone, dodging blast after blast. 

Soon I came upon the floating purple crystal. It was square shaped and looked like the size of a refrigerator. I leaped high in the air and went to stab the stone, then BOOM! A green ball of fire blasted the crystal cube and blew it and me away. I crashed into the cavern caves wall, ramming my head against the rock. Then everything went black.

I woke up slowly to an odd cold pulsation coursing through my veins; it felt especially cold in the back of my head. I looked around me and noticed I was floating in some weird pink river.  Zack was staring down at me with a big goofy grin on his face. His long and shaggy brown hair dangled in front of me, inches from my mouth. Gross...

“Hey you're awake! That enchanted salt really came in handy! Fixed up that huge gash you had too.” Suddenly everything came back to me.

 The skeleton hordes, the crystal, and Zacks rain of fireballs…. I sat up and decked Zack square in the nose. He squealed like a girl and fell backwards into the lake. I could tell I definitely broke his nose. I watched carefully as his new broken nose slowly began to shimmer, and sparkle with a white glow. It was kinda hard to see when he was splashing around like a five year old...

“Well at least you grabbed the right salt.” I mumbled.

I reached back and rubbed the back of my head. My hand slowly going over where I felt myself get hit. It felt perfectly fine now, hair and all.