Chapter 91 - Blood, guns, and Mimes!

-One Day till the Mors Games -

The wind entangled itself around me as I continued to propel myself forward. I bounced off wall after wall in the alley and leaped up onto the rooftop. Then I charged forward and leaped off the roof. Just for a moment, I stared down at the scattered street lights and the moving cars. It was like I was flying over a starry sky. I embraced the wind that crashed into me and whispered into my ears.

An image of Icarus playing around in the sky came to mind. Is this how he always felt? So free?

My adrenaline soon began to fade as the next rooftop came into sight. I landed and rolled over my shoulder, and back onto my feet. Yes! I managed to do all of that without even thinking about gauging my strength!

"Hell ya!" Zack cheered from behind.

I turned around and saw his emerald flames streaking through the night sky. Eventually making his way over to me, where he dropped down. I looked over his devil mask a bit. It was still weird. Being back to normal patrols like this.

"We've been patrolling for a few days now. Hasn't it lost its novelty yet?" I asked.

"Pppfft, yeah right. Like rocketing myself through the sky like in infamous will ever get boring." Zack replied.

"Is that a movie?" I asked and walked over to the edge of the roof.

"Why are we even friends...?" Zack asked with a sigh.

"Anyways, Donum said the liquor stores in the area have gotten mobbed by a gang at least three times this week," I said and looked down to the Slick Mart below. "She assumes this one would be next. Reports say the group seemingly vanishes every time they get close."

"Ah, you think they might be gifted?" Zack asked.

"It's a possibility, especially considering the Mors games are just around the corner. I'd imagine the goddesses would want to add more entertainment our way."

"Those dicks..." Zack huffed. "So, are we waiting on Lizard breath?"

"No, he's helping Donum right now. They're trying to track down someone." I replied.

"Ya know, maybe we should've brought the kids in for a field trip," Zack suggested.

"I'd rather not risk Wiz turning the street into gelatin."

"Ooh! That's a good one! Gel powers!"

I rolled my eyes and stayed focused on the building.

"Mind sending Bean down?" I asked.

"Can't, the Gnome is using him tonight to be a Gnome."

I'm not even gonna ask. Just when I was about to suggest he send a clone, I saw a group of people walking together into the market. Something was off though, I could've sworn I saw them all wearing red bandanas.

"Zack, let's get down. I think it's here."

I turned over to him and he immediately leaped off the roof. Jumping down on the solid air he created, and I followed his lead down. Once we landed I grabbed his shoulder.

"Try to set air walls around them so they can't run," I whispered.

"Already on it, I have a clone waiting for our distraction," Zack replied

With that, we both started forward. Just before we stepped to the glass doors. Zack jolted in place and dropped a heavy breath.

"Somebody killed my clone." He shuttered.