Chapter 112 - The Trickster

The field before me shined like gems in the light. A rainbow of colors bathed the area into a huge rainbow field. I kneeled down and rested my hand against her resting place.

"I tried to find the most beautiful place on the planet for you." I smiled. "Honestly you'd probably say it was missing something. The cool weird factor."

I went into my back pocket and pulled out her journal. Then I flipped over the pages, gazing at each fantastical sketch she made of magical plants. I came to a stop at one of the first. It was a horrid drawing of us when we we're kids. Me, her, and Stryder. It was us three in this huge winding treehouse. Right on top of a cliff that overlooked a huge river below.

"I thought this was the stupidest idea ever." I chuckled and set the book down. "I mean seriously, how can I game way out here?"

I dug my fingers into the dirt and I hoped I didn't push deep enough to touch her corpse. Just the idea made my stomach churn, but I just took a breath and focused. The ground below me started to rumble, the flowers scattered to the wind and painted the sky. The ground erupted and a huge tree sprung out from beneath. It grew taller and taller, soon towering over me like I was an ant. The leaves were bright pink and the bark was a light purple, just like she colored it.

"I'll have to get Bean to shape it, but it's here." I mumbled and stood up straight.

Suddenly I felt the air nip at my skin and the wind began to pick up. The petals from the flowers and leaves danced in the wind and coiled around me. A laughter crept it's way in and circled me.

"My child, do you enjoy the new spell I gifted you?"

"Yeah, it's nice." I replied.

"I come bearing another gift." She whispered.

"Oh yeah? What's the occasion? Wizard Christmas?"

"You have exceeded my expectations, you are by far my favorite. You've given me and my sister such an entertaining show."

I looked down at my left arm and gazed over the numerous slash marks that were etched into my skin. Yeah, entertainment...

The ground rumbled beneath my feet and a skeleton's hands popped up from the ground. I blinked a few times and casually stepped back. Letting the Skeleton crawl out from it's hell. Something gray was on the ends of it's fingers and it held it out to me.

"What is that?"

I reached out and grabbed the suspicious clothing. I ran my fingers through it and something silver dropped from it.

"This is something from Jack's youth. I imagined you'd like something from your old master, you seemed fond of him." She said.

A warmth rose inside of my chest. Sending a tingle down to my fingers. I looked over the clothing and noticed it was a jacket. With a white skeleton on the back, it was holding its chin and had pink petals falling out of his mouth.

'Don't forget everything you worked for. No matter what happens, I still believe you can become the man you want to be.'

His words ran through my mind and I just stared at the hoodie. Become the man I want to be?

I chuckled.

"I really wish Stryder would've just died. Then maybe you could've turned your back on me too. Instead Jack, you make me think, maybe killing myself isn't worth it."

I kneeled down and grabbed the ring that had fallen. My fingers graved over the silver and felt the hundreds of eyes that were etched in on it. It reminded me of some lovecraft type stuff. I put it on my finger and I was surprised to see it fit. I sighed and looked up at the tree.