Chapter 67 - Wings made of Wax

"You are saved today little bird. For the knight has slain the dragon, and saved the boy. You were completely and utterly useless, Icarus." The witch whispered into my ear.

Embedded on the crystal walls were scenes from each fight, I watched as Stryder and Zack fought Jormungand. Then next to that came the fight with Leo and Elo. The witch was right, in the end, they didn't need my help at all.

"That's right Icarus, they may have been able to defeat Elo early on too if it wasn't for you. You thought you knew best, and that thought process got Zack killed."

The ice block around me cracked and soon shattered. I fell face-first onto the floor and heard the Witches cackle all around me.

"Failure, failure,failure,failure,failure,failure,failure,failure,failure,failure,failure,failure."

My witch's voice bounced all around me. I looked around desperately for the source, but I couldn't see anything. My heart started to pound against my chest, and the air got thin. I started to pant and tried to just ignore it. Then, the lights snapped on, and took my breath away.

"B-but how?" I mumbled.

"You should've just left us alone bird poop!" I heard Zack roar from behind me.

I turned around, and my stomach twisted into knots when I laid eyes on Zack. His dark green eyes peered into my soul, and it sent a shiver down my spine. I took a step back, and my entire body trembled. There was a gaping hole in his chest, that leaked blood from it like a broken faucet.

"I-I'm sorry I just-"

"You wanted to prove you mattered right? Look where that selfish confidence got you? That's why I left ya know? Because you're so selfish!"

I chewed on my lip and tried to keep my body from shaking. Then, I turned around and faced the voice. Be strong, Jack taught you to be strong.

I looked up from my hood, and my eyes met my father's. He looked tired, yet I could see the fire of hatred in his eyes.

"You were so selfish, that's why I left your mom. Because you were a terrible son. Only focused on how you felt."

Even though this wasn't the first time I heard it, the words still made my body tremble.

"Yeah, that's why the family hates you. Because you made dad leave me."

I heard the voice from my half-sister speak up, and I turned toward her.

"Sis I-" I tried to speak but she cut me off.

"No, don't say it. Your not family, you're a leech."

"Not to mention careless, you let me get that money Rushon."

Tears came down my face, and I started to pant again. No, I don't want to look.

"What's that? Can't even look at me? Just like before when you weren't looking hard enough. You gave me the money I used to end myself Rushon."

"I- I didn't know!"

"Is that really your excuse? Tell that to my parents!"

"These tricks won't gonna work on me!" I roared.

"Don't get the wrong idea little bird. These are just your own thoughts and feelings, personified. No tricks here. This is all just you."

After she spoke, all the apparitions started to chant.

"Failure!"

"Failure!

"Failure!"

"Rushon! Are you there! Are you okay!?"