Chapter 69 - The Vulture

"So where does Snow white want to meet us at?" Zack asked

"He said him and the cannoli brothers are headed to the abandoned city. I'm assuming he means the twins. But something that struck me as weird was his tone, sounded pretty normal." I replied.

"Huh, you'd think it would take longer to get over losing his favorite."

I sighed and slid my phone back into my pocket. 'You'll never hear about it, because everyone there is already dead'. He has lost everything before, I can't imagine what that would do to somebody.

"Well, maybe he's just used to it. He has been through a lot more than you and I."

"Pppffft, I'd like to compare notes."

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, let's stop by the apartment. I left my sword there."

"What? Don't you summon weapons?"

"Well yeah, but I got an upgrade. Finally got something that might not break against Weislungs blades."

"Are you really thinking about fighting him again? You literally turned into a Stryder kabob."

"Yeah, but I mean. I really enjoyed the fight. He was really good, I was able to go all out without thinking about it too."

"How have I known you all these years and never known you were a masochist? Is that why you always leap in to stop fights?" He teased.

I shoved him and started walking.

"I don't necessarily like pain, but I love giving my all in a fight. There's just nothing that feels better."

I looked over to Zack, and he just stared at me in disgust.

"W-what! You gotta problem!?"

"No, just didn't know you were at the point where you were admitting stuff like that to yourself." He smirked and walked ahead of me. "I see you're finally flying on your own, huh?"

I smiled and followed behind.

"Something like that, I'm still nowhere near where I need to be."

"Hey, at least you're doing better than me." Zack chuckled.

But, what exactly does that mean? I thought about the hospital talk and decided to just leave it be. That's something he's gonna have to learn to deal with.

....

I was frozen in place as I stared eye to eye with a ghost. Zack's jaw dropped and I rubbed my eyes to see if this was just a trick. No, even after that he still stood before us.

Jack, Leo, Elo, and RUSHON! We're sitting back on rubble eating. He's alive!? How is he alive!? What!? Is this a joke!? A deal with the devil!? What!?

"Oh, hey!" Jack cheered and waved over to us.

Zack and I walked over and stopped in front of them. My eyes never left Rushon, who was eating a box of Chinese food. Zack walked over to Rushon and stared him down.

"U-umm hey?" Rushon said.

Zack didn't respond, he just grabbed Rushons cheeks and yanked on them.

"Ah! That hurt!" Rushon yelped.

"What the hell's going on here!?" Zack yelled.

Jack picked up his can of Sprite and looked over to the twins, who were eating meatball subs.

"Oh, lunch." He replied.

My eyes twitched. Lunch, did he just say lunch!?

"No, we mean what's going on with Rushon! We heard he died! Did Lux lie to us!?" I yelled.