Chapter 73 - Elizabeth set sails!

OH MY GOSH! IT WAS A SECOND LEO! He didn't lie to me! He really did have a twin! I peered over the boy who seemed to have molded with the floor of the abandoned building. There was food and drinks scattered all around him, but it didn't seem like he touched any of it.

A shiver ran down my spine as the room shifted. The bottles of water turned into cans of cheap beer. While the pungent aroma of cigarettes strolled into my nostrils. My heart raced as I laid eyes on the matted embers of my mother's hair. Just as fast as the image came, it left. Leaving Leo's reflection to take her place. I see, he's just like her then.

I commanded the wind to carry me toward the windowsill. Once I was close enough, I climbed over onto it. The kid had a good view here on the second story, it overlooked the roaring sea so perfectly. Too bad he's too dead to enjoy it.

"Hoi-yahh theah! haow ahh ya cutie!" I cheered

He shifted a bit, but only curled up a little bit more.

"Elizabeth of the seven swordsmen?" He mumbled.

"Oh! yah've heahd of me!?"

"Have you come to turn me into one of your zombie slaves?" He sat up from the floor and leaned against the wall."I beg you, please don't make me hurt anyone else."

I see this kid really knows his stuff.

"Oolroight', on one cawndeetion thaen!"

"That being?"

"Yah answah ooll of moy questions! And leesten t' everything Oy hahve t' sie."

He sighed.

"Sure, I'm having a hard time understanding you. That might just be because I'm dehydrated though."

"Probahbly nawt! Ya say, Oy naevah foineeshed school, and bein eow' alone at sea raylly maesses weeth ya hayd."

"I apologize, I didn't mean to offend." He mumbled.

I forced out a laugh and slid down into the building.

"Nao, nao it's oolroigh'. even faw people weeth moy accent, Oy tohk a biieh' funny."

"I see, well, what can I help you with?"

Alright Elizabeth, speak like normal people! You can do it!

"Well, Oy heard yah wanted t' tohk t' someone who understands haow yah fayl. Sao, Oy figured Oy'd share moy storay weeth yah. Is that alright?"

He huffed.

"Sure, anything to not be a zombie."

Stryder would kill me...

"Waell, Oy'll stat off fram when Oy met Stryder." A smile etched itself onto my face as he came into mind. "Oy wanted t' keell him the most."

He raised a brow.

"Why is that?"

"Because Oy hyted myself."

"Huh? Isn't that a bit paradoxical?"

I quickly shook my head.

"Oy didn't want t' believe a good puhs'n existed. Loife was a lawt aysier when the wohld was dark, and everyone was just a monster loike me. It gyve me an excuse faw ooll the bad theengs Oy did, faw ooll the bad theengs that happened t' me."

Vergil started to cough and quickly covered his mouth.

"Are you alright!?"

He nodded and cleared his throat.

"Let me ask you, do you still feel it? The weight of everything you did?"

My palms started to tingle as his words came out. I moved my hand to my pocket and nodded.