Chapter 44 - The heart of Ares

Shivers went down my spine as the zombies' low growls and the clanking of the skeleton's feet filled the area around me. The undead, such a tricky fight. Not to mention the fact they were all packing some kind of weapon on their backs. If my assumption is right and she is a necromancer, then I need to figure out what kind. There is the chance if I kill one she could just resurrect it right after. Which will make blasting through them a suicide mission. I might be able to draw her out with some gorilla warfare. But my area of movement was way limited. Zombies below and a pirate with wings and a ship above.

So much for drawing her out...

I leaned back against the old worn walls of the office building. I looked down at the scattered horde, roaming around different buildings in search. I was lucky the first floor had caved in on itself here. I managed to climb up to the third floor and hide. I needed to think. This was literally insane! I can't expect some boosted strength parkour will help against someone who can fly! But that seemed like the best course of action now. I sighed and looked out the window. The ship was about to pass by the building. I took a breath and turned toward the steps leading to the fourth floor. Welp. Here goes nothing.

The steps creaked each time I stepped on them, and I could feel the weak base under them. This building was ready to just collapse. And if I wasn't careful I was gonna die by this. A bitter memory came into my mind of Isabella. That must've been terrifying for her.

Luckily, I managed to make it to the top of the steps. I waited till the ship fully passed me. Which gave me time to appreciate all of this disgusting place. The smell of mold filled the air around me. And I could see old bags of what I assumed to be some guys lunch on an old broken water damaged table. Well, It was probably lunch like eighty years ago. Now it looked like some kind of fungus hot dog. Note to self. I gotta bet Zack to eat that.

As the shadow vanished, I quickly moved to the broken window. I peeked my head out and saw the back end of the ship. Then I quickly leaped onto the windowsill and then leaped up to the roof. I stood up and took a breath of fresh air (the things we take for granted in life). I looked up and saw Elizabeth floating above her ship. She seemed to be scanning the area in front of her. This was my chance. I summoned a bow and arrow and kneeled down to prepare my shot. Just when I was about to fire. I heard the faint, yet familiar sound of clattering behind me. I swiftly turned around and my eyes grew wide. A Skeleton was slowly pulling itself up on the roof! I quickly shot my arrow at the skeleton's skull and sent him falling back. Crap! He'll make a noise when he crashes down!

"Theah yah are!" I heard Elizabeth yell.

I quickly turned back around and saw her zoom at me, followed by her ship turning around. What!? Did she hear me!? This guy couldn't have dropped already! I dispelled my bow and summoned my light armor over my body.

She zoomed at me with incredible speed, but she wasn't faster than a bullet. I activated my eyes and she aimed her sword at me, and I easily dodged her blade. I stepped to the side and summoned a ball chain. I whipped it at her and tried to grab at her leg. But she zoomed up just in time. And as that happened I felt something hard slam into my back, I flew forward and crashed onto the ground. I fell with it and rolled back onto my feet. I quickly turned around, and there stood a zombie with an old war hammer twice his size. I was lucky that it wasn't a blade. I turned back around and looked for a place to leap, but all I saw was cannons aimed at my face! It was a few feet away. But all five cannons were poking out the ship and seemed ready to fire.

I leaped without thinking and went above the cannon. And immediately after the cannon fired and blew down the building. The dust-filled the scene and from the ship came a flying Elizabeth. I panicked and summoned heavy plate armor over me. I heard her sword slash against my armor. I quickly summoned a second helmet over my face, blocking off the eyeholes. I felt saved for that moment, but now I was falling down! I went to dispel the armor, but I heard Elizabeth slashing her sword into the armor again and again. Crap! I could only see darkness with this double layer! I activated my strength and pushed it to its limit. I was just gonna swing with all my might, I just needed to get a read on her-