Chapter 49 - Loves in the air!

"Holy crap this place is huge!" Lux squeaked.

I chuckled a little and scratched the back of my head.

"Yeah, that's what I get for letting Jack help me pick a place."

Lux and I both stared up in awe at it. The building was huge and looked like it was made of glass! But if you looked closely enough, you could see the gold and grey trimming on it. This is exactly what I imagined actors and superstars lived in. I came here with Jack a few weeks ago, I never went inside. But I gave him the okay to help get me set up to live here. To think the day finally came...

"Well let's not just stand here! Let's go in and check it out!" Lux cheered.

She gave me a big smile and jogged ahead. But I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Not that way, we need to go through the parking garage."

She turned back to me and raised her brow.

"Uh, sure alright. Lead the way then Superman."

I nodded and then guided her along to the side of the building. Where I used our key card to get us in. I felt like a secret agent or something going in there! Lux remained quiet the entire time, Just excitedly looking around the building.

"What took ya so long kid!?" I heard Jack call out to us.

I looked to my left in this maze of a parking garage. And there he was, waving me down.

"For a guy who dresses like a bum, you sure do like the fancier things in life."

"Hey I take offense, I'm a man of class!" Jack chuckled as we came around the corner.

Then he tossed some keys at Lux, which hit her upside her head.

"Hey, what the heck was that for you frostbitten jerk!" Lux roared. "It's dark in here!"

And Jack just responded by laughing. Lux leaned down and snatched the keys off the floor.

"Oh, you think this is funny!? You still gonna laugh when I take your stupid car for a joy ride!?"

"I think you mean your car, my love." Jack hummed.

"W-wait, what?" She mumbled out. "You bought me a car?"

"Well, you were telling me a few days ago that you hated taking the bus. So I figured why not, not like I have to watch my budget."

I smiled and patted Lux's back.

"Come on, let's go check it out." I hummed and jogged over to Jack.

She didn't say a word. She just slowly walked over to us, and her eyes somehow got wider as she saw the car. It was a new, blue 2019 mustang! The last time she had a car, it was basically held together by duck tape and luck.

"Jack...I-"

Lux started, but she stopped as Jack walked over to her. He moved rather close to her, and my brother's senses were tingling. I'd throw a shuriken at him if he tried anything.

"I tried to get a color to match those beautiful blue eyes of yours. But it really pales in comparison." Jack chirped as he looked her in the eyes.

Thankfully he didn't move any closer to her. Just as he was about to move away. Lux grabbed his collar and pulled him down to her. Bringing Jack in for a kiss. I was stunned, and judging by his wide eyes. He was just as stunned! She let go of him, and Jack just stared at her. While I could see a rosy shade spread on Lux's cheeks.