Chapter 83 - Stryders gifts

I propelled myself off the ground and landed against the wall. I concentrated my strength and attempted to only use a fraction of it. Then I leaped off again to the other side of the room. I kept my mind focused and tried to just only apply that fraction of power. This seemed perfect, it was just enough to not damage the walls, while also launching me around. However, I definitely lacked in the speed department. I added a bit more strength and launched myself.

"So what exactly made you want to practice mobility!?" Jack called out.

I went to stop myself, but I accidentally added too much strength to my right leg. When I landed my leg just went through the wall, and I face-planted against it. Leaving me dangling.

Jack and I made eye contact, and he was silent for a moment. Then he cracked a smirk and just started laughing.

"What happened spiderman!?" Jack laughed.

"Shut up! I'm working on it!"

I yanked my leg out and immediately dropped. I spun around and managed to land on my feet just in time. My heart was pounding, and I just flopped back on my butt.

"I'd give you a... four out of ten for that landing," Jack called out as he walked over. "No style at all."

"Yeah, it's kind of hard to care about style when you're plummeting to your death."

"Ppffft, don't be so dramatic. Don't forget those witches built you like a video game character. You definitely don't take much fall damage."

I sighed.

"Fair point."

I scooted back to the wall and took a moment to catch my breath.

"I'm guessing you think your strength enhancement is what you're keeping?"

I took a hard breath and closed my eyes.

"Not exactly, I'm trying to mimic what Rushon does."

"Hhmm? What do you mean?"

"Well, he's very aware of what he can and can't do. He's pushed his body to the limit and has complete control over his gift. It kind of just hit me one day while watching one of his old videos, that I have no idea what I'm fully capable of."

"Wait, aren't all the videos of Rushon him getting scrapped at this point?" Jack asked.

"Technically, I just wanted to see what I was missing from my fight with him. Maybe a weakness I didn't notice."

"Yeah, considering he's held back in most of those fights. I don't think you're going to learn a whole lot."

I opened my eyes, and Jack immediately tossed me a water bottle. I just barely caught it.

"That's not true actually. Well, it's true I didn't learn a weakness. But I did learn something while watching his videos."

I opened up the bottle and started to drink.

"Oh? Well, I'm curious now." Jack hummed and fell backwards, then just sat in the air.

I set the bottle down and took a happy sigh of relief.

"Well, since I know how his ability works. I know what to look for while he fights, and I noticed how layered his fights are. His winds are constantly doing stuff. Slowing the opponent down, pushing him forward. Sometimes he doesn't even move, the wind does it for him."

"So what exactly did that teach you? Your abilities are pretty different."

"Well, I usually only use my strength throughout my entire body. Maybe sometimes I focus it on my limbs. But to be honest, I'm just gushing power out. I don't know how fast I can go, if I even can control how fast I can go. I'm not good at small-scale focusing. Like giving my right arm a lot and the other arm a small amount. Even just enhancing my fingers is tough. I also noticed my body flexes hard when I'm using it, like intensely."