Chapter 97 -Gehenna

I took a heavy breath and readied myself. One of the grunts was close, I could easily slice through his throat and move before his body dropped. The idea made me want to vomit. But at this point, I'd just have to swallow it. For the first time, I could actually feel the weight of my blade. It was so heavy, I just wanted to let it go.

I took another breath and tightened my grip. Then I dashed out toward the grunt. I aimed my blade high and went to slice his throat. The grunt turned around at the last second and I looked into his eyes. Just before I made contact, I turned my blade around and bashed the hilt into his head. His body flung around and he dropped onto the floor with a yelp.

"Ah!" He cried.

I quickly scanned around, and everyone had their eyes on me. Damn! My covers blown! One of the grunts held up their gun toward me and started firing. I reacted quickly and sliced the shots in half. Then something hot blasted into my back and sent me flying. While I was mid air, my eyes met that of the girl from earlier! The one I shot in the knee!

I crashed onto the ground and immediately popped back up onto my feet. My arms burned from the recoil of the boiling water, thankfully the bullet proof vest tanked most of it. Before I could even think, I saw a severed arm rocketing toward me. I immediately lifted my blade up and just barely blocked the incoming hand. It shoved me back and I managed to slide it off my blade. I held my gun out to shoot the hand. But before I could, it felt like a truck crashed into me.

I dropped onto the ground and saw a man made of rocks had been the cause! He chased after me and I tried rolling back onto my feet. I was immediately shot once in the shoulder and again through my arm.

"Damn!" I grunted and dropped back down onto my back.

Then the ground rumbled beneath me and I looked up, that rock guy was in the air about to crash on me! I rolled over on the ground and just barely dodged the rock man. He crashed next to me and I rolled back onto my feet. Then the man from earlier, the one I hit with the hilt of my blade. He ran up and kicked me in the face, and I was sent flying. I bounced back on the ground like a ball and crashed into a machine. My body ached and the world shook around me, and my eyes deactivated. I managed to sit up, and I saw the whole gang staring me down.

This isn't a game, if I don't get up, I'm going to die. Worse, if I die I can't save them. Annuals' face came into mind, then Zacks. This is war, if I die here. It's all over. I squeezed Ascaleon and took a breath. Don't forget the blood, the tears, their hopes. Everyone's dreams and lives are on my back. I forced myself up and reactivated my eyes.

I,want to win!

I dashed in at them as fast as I could. The rock man charged in at me, while someone shot at me from the sides. I dodged the bullets with ease and once I was close enough, I slid under the stone men's legs. Which surprised a gang member, who I immediately shot. I let out two bullets, and quickly dove away.

The man screamed and dropped to the ground, while two other people ran off toward me. One of them had their arm held out, and fire came from his wrist. That must've been the rocket arm guy. While the other flicked his hand at me. Something white that I assumed were bones flew at me with the speed of a bullet. I immediately deflected them with my blade. Then the hand came. I opened my mouth and caught it between my teeth! Then I threw Ascaleon at the bone man and buried it inside his chest. The hand man panicked and I charged at him. He watched as I bit through the magic hand and stared into his eyes. I reeled my arm back and bashed the gun into his head as hard as I could. He dropped to the ground and I immediately shot him.

That's when I finally heard the stomps coming from behind. I turned around and took aim at the rock mens eye, then, I shot a round off into it. He wailed and skidded to a stop. The rocks crumbled off his body as he dropped to his knees.