Chapter 66 - The twin dragons

"You're still standing huh? You remind me a lot of my son ya know? And I bet you'll kneel just like him when I get to your sister." My father teased.

My knees started to buckle and it felt like my legs were sandbags. The fire that raged inside started to flicker as memories of my mom flooded my mind. Her empty eye socket, her broken wrists, and her bruises. I even started to hear her faint screams like I was there. What should I do? Is he gonna attack Lux if I move? Should I just wait?

Zack and Stryder laid face down on the ground, while my father stood over them. His clothes were ripped and torn to shreds. His diplomatic appearance was now that of a barbarian. Those two idiots managed to do all that, but it still wasn't enough.

What should I do? If I run in he might act on his threat, or even just kill them. Can I sneak in and assassinate him? No, It's broad daylight, and they're in the middle of the street. If I just sit here they both may die! Wait, if I do anything at all he'll still just kill Lux. Why do I care so much!? I need to just prioritize the mission, she doesn't matter. I tried to lift my leg, but it didn't move.

"Ya know for someone so strong, you resort to dirty tricks pretty fast." I heard Stryder croak. I watched as his mangled body forced itself up from the ground and faced my father. "Leo didn't bow to you, Zack didn't bow, and neither did Valentina. You're nothing but a coward, and I'll never bow to you. We will beat you."

"You ignorant boy."

As soon as he finished, he immediately slammed his fist into Stryder's stomach and sent him flying. He crashed and bounced on the ground, flying past me in the alleyway. I stared as Stryder coughed up blood on the asphalt. The weight that held my leg down started to fade.

Am I gonna sit back and let my dad kill more people? Lux will end up just like my mom if I sit here like this. Haven't you had enough regret?

"I'm the only one who sees things for how they are! I'm the only one who can't die! I'm the only one who can solve the world's issues! I was born for this power! You children could never understand! I'll start by burning you to ashes! Then I'll make an example of you and burn the entire damn city to the ground!" My dad roared.

I won't run away anymore.

My dad flung his head back and golden sparks leaked from his lips. Then he flung himself forward and a huge golden ball of fire soared toward Stryder. That's when I ran. I leaped into the air and blasted the biggest fireball I could at the golden flame. They crashed into each other and exploded. Embers fell around us like rain from the sky. I turned back and looked toward Stryder, who smiled at me.

"You finally came, huh?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Sorry I'm late."

I turned back toward my father and glared.

"Ah my son, have you-"

"I don't care what you gotta say, and I'm not gonna pretend like I do. Say what you want, think what you want. I don't care."

"Oh? Someone's gotten cocky."

"You killed mom, you destroyed Vergil, and you wrecked my city. I'm not afraid anymore, and I'm not running away."

I leaned back and shot a fireball at him, then dashed to the left of him.

"I appreciate this son. Delivering yourself to me on a silver platter."

I summoned my scales over my body and prepared my claws. Once he blocked the little fire with his arm I leaped in and tried to slice his throat open. He swiftly dodged my strike and jumped back. I opened my mouth and jumped, letting smoke pour out from my lips. When the smoke was thick enough, I moved my hand over my mouth and blasted fire out between my fingers.