Chapter 45 - Davey Jones Locker

The dark clouds in the sky seem to be looming over the battlefield. Staring down at us like it was plotting something sinister. I was starting to wonder if the clouds had just consumed Zack now. With everything going on it wouldn't surprise me if nature itself became my foe.

I was still way too exhausted to move around. I didn't realize it till now, but I had a lot of cuts all over my body. I sighed. I really let that feeling consume me again. But I have to admit, it felt great. To just let go, to fight without a single thought. No worrying about saving innocent people, no if I die everyone else dies too schtick. I was able to just be free. It was like, like a bird leaving the cage. I hadn't felt this since my martial arts days. I smiled some and looked over to Elizabeth.

She was soundly asleep against my hoodie. Her ember locks laying against her face. I was grateful my hunger for fighting was actually useful. I hated it though. How can someone who wants to be a hero crave for combat like that?

I looked over my shirtless body and sighed at all of the cuts. I had my T-shirt ripped and wrapped around the cutlasses stab wound. After a while of pressure, I was lucky my cut stopped bleeding. I wonder if the body modifications included my healing factor too...

"Mmmm."

I heard Elizabeth groan as she slowly sat up. She yawned and rubbed her eyes. Her gaze landed on me, and I gave her a smile.

"Hey, you rest okay?" I asked.

She blinked a few times, her eyes looking me up and down.

"Mmm, what a delectable soigh." She hummed.

She sat up and bit on her lower lip. Her eyes were looking at me like I was a piece of meat. I blinked a few times.

"U-ummm Elizabeth, you okay?" I mumbled out.

But it was like she couldn't even hear me. Her eyes glimmered as she continued to look me over. She moved on all fours and slowly crawled over to me. My eyes trailing over her and her long flaring locks that cascaded down from her shoulders. And I could feel my face slowly becoming hot.

She was inches from me now. Her eyes staring intensely into mine. And my brain had suddenly just shut down. She reached out and rested her hand on my chest. Slowly sliding her soft yet callused fingers down to my stomach. Which sent shivers down my spine.

"Damn, yah raylly ahh built loike huhcules." She mumbled.

My body felt warm, I could feel myself leaning into her. She was warm, breathtaking, and she was enjoying me like this. I felt confident, strong even. I wanted her, I wanted her closer to me. But just as her charm was about to drag me under, Annuals face came into my mind, and then Valentinas.

I slowly reached down and grabbed Elizabeth's hand, then moved her back from me. I took a breath and refocused myself.

"Elizabeth stop, you need to focus on resting right now." I said firmly.

Her eyes grew wide, she didn't say a word. She just slowly sat back and looked me over skeptically. Then she huffed.

"Hey thiies is suppose tao be moy draym! haow daeh yah reject me! isn't that aguynst the rules aw somethin!?" She whined.

I immediately started to chuckle as she said that. It hurt a bit to laugh, but it felt really good to do it. The tension, the stress, it all just faded.

"Liz, you just responded. This isn't a dream." I said between laughs.

I could see her cheeks flush a heavy red shade. She quickly looked away from me and groaned.