The blue hoodie, A Christmas special

It was like his fist moved in slow motion. The world around him froze, and the only thing I could see was his body moving. I could dodge his punch, I could counter strike, I could flip him over my shoulder. Yet, my body didn't want to move. I get it, no matter what happens, I can't convince myself I don't deserve this. His fist crashed into my face and I caught a glimpse of the hate he had in his eyes. I spun around and dropped onto the kitchen table. He snatched my collar and threw me off the table. Then immediately rammed his foot into my stomach. My lunch and blood came out from my lips and spilled onto the floor.

"How dare you eat my steak! Lux made that for me! Who the hell do you think you are!" My father roared.

I slowly propped myself up and noticed I was suddenly off the ground. I looked back and saw my dad had me in his hands. He tossed me forward and shoved me on top of my vomit. Then, he stomped on my back and rubbed me over the vomit like I was a mop. I coughed and looked up at him. That's when I noticed her, my sister Lux. She stood in the background eyeing me down. An expressionless look on her face. Then everything started to make sense.

"Get the hell out of my house. Don't come back till i'm gone. Or else I'll break your damn face, got it!?"

...

I leaned back against the old worn wooden door. The cold air nipped at my skin and sent shivers down my spine. I tucked my legs in and tried to hold in as much heat as I could. However, flurries still managed to fly in from the cracks in the window. Progressively making me a popsicle. Maybe this will be it, maybe I'll die tonight. I closed my eyes, and rested my head against my knees.

The world would be happier if I died, wouldn't it..

"Ah! Annual, what the hell!"

I jumped and turned toward the back door. Was that Zack!?

"I'm sorry! But the car battery shocked me!" Annual said.

"That doesn't mean you drop a heater on me!"

Soon the back door flung open and I jumped to my feet. I ran from the living room and went down the hall to the kitchen. And sure enough, there they were.

"Stryder!" Annual cheered and ran over to me, she had some weird machine in her hand. "What happened to your face!?

I looked away from her forest eyes and chewed on my lip.

"I umm, I fell." I mumbled.

Annual squeaked and Zack yanked her away. Zack glared at me and moved his face inches from mine.

"Dude, stop trying to protect them. What happened?" He asked, then turned away.

He grabbed the machine from Annual and started fiddling with it. Then Suddenly I felt a warm hand clasp mine. I jumped and turned toward Annual, who was fiddling with my fingers.

"I don't appreciate you lying to me, my knight." She grumbled.

I took a breath and looked away.

"Lux lied and told me she made me dinner. Which was actually, my dad's dinner." I mumbled.

Zack sighed and a spark came from his battery thing. A low hum came from the other machine it was connected to. Then I started to feel the warm air caressing my skin. Plus Annuals warm fingers brought feeling back to my hand.

"Damn, that's messed up.." Zack sighed

"No, it's fine." I sighed. "Anyways, how did you know I was here?"

"Literally you come here every time you want to hide. I knew when I climbed into your window and didn't see you, you'd be here."

"You what!?"

"Gremlin! Givem his gift already! His arms are literally freezing!" Annual whined.

I looked over and saw her hands rubbing my arm. I couldn't even feel it...

"It was supposed to be a surprise!" Zack grumbled.

He went into his shirt and pulled out a gift wrapped in aluminum foil.

"Aluminum foil huh?" I asked.

"Shut it, you're the idiot without a jacket in the winter!"

I reached out and grabbed the package, it felt oddly soft. I peeled away the foil with Annuals help. Soon finding a blue zip hoodie underneath. I stared at it in disbelief.

"Wow...It's my favorite color too.."

"And Zack didn't steal it either!" Annual giggled.

I looked up and I saw Zack had rosey cheeks. He scratched the back of his head and looked away.

"Merry Christmas, Hero." Zack mumbled.

A warmth rose in my chest. It was like every inch of me was being filled with heat. Then tears started to just fall from my face. I hugged the jacket and buried my face into it.

"Thank you!" I cried into the hoodie.

I dropped to my knees and hugged the hoodie closely. Annual wrapped her arms around me, and I couldn't stop crying.