Chapter 76 - Challenge accepted!

It was five A.M, and the entire team was bunkered up in my living room. I was barely conscious, and Zack was practically using my shoulder as his pillow. I eyed Valentina and Annual who sat on the couch across from me. My heart started to race when Annual met my eyes. Then I glanced down at her lips and mine started to tingle. I remembered the warm sensation that blessed my lips just a few days ago. What would Valentina think? I wonder if she already knows. The warmth started to trickle away. Would I lose her if she knew?

"Well come on lizard breath, I'd like to go back to my beauty sleep."

Zack yawned and ripped me away from my thoughts. Just ignore it. Focus on the mission. I glanced over at Zack and saw him nodding off again.

"If you drool on me, I'm hitting you," I grumbled.

Leo walked over from the kitchen and stared at us in surprise. Leo and Lux were the only ones wide awake. While the rest of us looked like Zombies.

He huffed and a small flame came out of his mouth. "Alright, we're definitely being watched."

Zack perked up when he said that.

"Didn't like, an arc just end!?" Zack groaned and rolled off of me.

"This is real life idiot, breaks don't exist unless your lucky or stupid." Leo fired back.

"Your lucky I'm barely awake barney, or I'd kick your-"

"Can we focus, please? I still have class ya know." Lux snapped, which seemed to silence the idiot.

"Right, I spoke to Icarus about it. He says his informant has noticed odd habits with our camera systems, and so have I."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well for starters, they move directly in our direction every single time one of us is in an area of sight. Even if some of the cameras aren't meant to move."

"Sounds like we finally get to fight Magneto swordsman." Zack yawned.

"More than likely, Icarus's partner has a hard time hacking into the cameras during those moments of movement. She says it's unlike anything she's dealt with, as if the system had a brain and body of its own." Leo added.

"Wait, I just imagined a swordsman Magneto. Were sooo gonna die." Zack said, but we all just ignored him.

"So what do you suggest we do about it then?" Valentina asked.

"That's the trickery part. I have no real idea. Destroy the cameras and she knows we're on to her, ignore them and risk being stalked."

"Oh, Leo!" Annual chirped and raised her hand.

"Yes?"

"Wouldn't she already be onto us because of Icarus's friend?"

"I don't think so. I asked and she's been jacking the cameras back way before the Jormungand event. So I don't think they'll assume us automatically. However, it's safer to assume the worst here and stay vigilant. They may see this as a push to strike."

"Jack, did your info guy get any information?" I asked.

"Totally, but the boss man called and said I would lose pay if I told you." Jack sighed.

We all turned toward him, and he just yawned.

"You're kidding, right?" I asked.

"Just know Arthur doesn't think it's anything you can't handle."

He does value saving people, so that at least is reassuring.

"Can you confirm or deny the camera activity is the tech user and not Arthur?" Valentina asked.