Chapter - 65 Leo Vs Elo

"Dannazione che fa male." I grunted.

The dust started to settle and my head stopped shaking. I sat up and looked around, I was in some kind of factory. Rubble was scattered around me, and I found a hole in the ceiling. More than likely where I came from. I need to get back to Stryder and Zack.

I forced myself up and looked around a bit more. I noticed a lot of pipes and container machines. This was some kind of chemical factory. I needed to be careful.

"I see you're as tough as ever. Even when you get blasted by Dad's fire, you still come back in one piece. Leo."

His voice bounced off the walls around me, and the faint taps of his footsteps started to grow louder and louder.

It was Elo, I took a breath and turned toward the sound. Then I watched him emerge from the shadows.

"You can't kill the Alley of justice that easily."

He stopped and stared, his eyes grew wide and he tilted his head to the side.

"Father's going to rip your friends apart." He started to laugh. "Bit by bit! Piece by piece!"

"Stryder and Zack aren't going to die that easily," I said firmly

He abruptly stopped laughing and stared again.

"That defiant attitude is finally gonna come back around. Father told me I can do whatever I want to you. As long as there's a corpse when I'm done."

"Let me ask you, do you want to kill me because father told you to? Or because you want to?"

I clenched my fists and morphed into my draconic form. Elo looked at me and smiled. His body slowly being consumed by his blue scales.

"I think this is the first time you've asked me how I felt." He croaked and held out his hand, displaying his claws to me. "And if I'm being honest, I'm Itching to kill you"

I pit formed in my stomach as he said that. I never realized it. I never once asked how he felt about anything. When he cried I just told him to suck it up, when he got tortured I told him to just be a man and when mom died I forced him to make a decision.

'Don't forget your brother'

My mother's words slithered into my mind. I always thought he was just dead weight. I looked into his eyes and stared at a feral beast. Not even remotely resembling the brother I knew. I created this.

"Elo, right here, and right now. I promise to listen to you."

I took a breath and thought about Icarus. He was right, I was no better than him. Those deaths he caused, I have my own hand in all of them too. I started to smile and stepped forward.

"What're you smiling about!? You Getting cocky!?"

'Face him without a mask.'

Lux's words came into my mind, and I let my scales down. I looked over to him and shook my head.

"As a representative of the bad siblings club, I promise to face you without my mask. I'll look at you for who you are, Vergil."

His entire body shuttered as I said that name. He stumbled back and glared at me.

"Father killed that name." He grumbled, and let his scales fade away. "But after I kill you, father said I can be the new Leo!"

"You can never be me," I replied. "No matter how hard you try, you'll always be Vergil, and that's okay."

"You're mocking me right!? That's why you took off your scales! You think you can just kill me without them don't you!?"

"Honestly, I don't think I'm going to win this." I held up my fist to him."But I want to face you, as I am. The real me."