HALLOWEEN SPECIAL!!

As we got closer to the spring, I could see the shine of the water reflected onto the cavern walls. There were three women leaning against the edge of the spring inside the water. The map didn't say this was a rest stop. So maybe they were monsters of some kind. If I had to guess. They were probably sirens.

“Dude they’re hot,” Zack whispered over to me.

“Don’t lose focus. This isn’t a rest stop, those women are more than likely monsters."

“That’s how I like my women.” He purred and I rolled my eyes. 

I looked around and noticed something. There were no more cavern holes or tunnels. Just a dead end and the spring. I recall the next tunnel on the map was above the spring.

That's when it hit me. The exit must've been under the water! Crap! How can we...

"Ooooaaaaaa,Ooooooaaaah."

Suddenly the sound of beautiful singing bounced off the cavern walls. And that just about confirmed it!

“Sirens! Zack cover your ears!” But I was too late. 

Zack was slowly zombie walking to the spring. His bright green eyes were faded and dull.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me..” I plugged my ears with some earplugs I had in my pocket. (Zack told me I was being too paranoid when I brought them.

I needed to defeat them before Zack got into the water.

I charged forward and flung my shield at one of the sirens that were sitting up out of the spring. She quickly dove back into the water and the others followed her lead down. As I came upon the springs I got a better look at them, each one looked completely different from one another. 

The one I flung my shield at had ginger hair and a brightly lit tail with fiery colors(Kinda reminded me of a goldfish.) The other one had stringy black hair with reptilian-like features. Her swimming was off compared to the others like she was sick or something. While the third one was staring at me like she hadn’t eaten in days. I could see a glimpse of her sharp yellow teeth as she gave me a crooked smile. She had darker skin with short brown hair and a dark red and black tail.

 If I go down there I'll get ripped to shreds. And Zack was still creeping closer and closer to the water. I picked my shield up and took a deep breath.

“Well here goes nothing I guess...” I glared back at the feral one and hacked up a loogie.

Then I spat it hard into the water.

 I could see her face scrunching up like a prune. I just gave her a smirk and I spat another loogie into the water. She immediately rocketed up from the bottom of the spring toward me. I readied myself for her attack. Then WOOSH! She shot out the water and lunged at me, I waited for just the right moment and bashed her with my shield. She crashed hard against the rock wall and dropped to the floor. I moved fast and grabbed a hold of her from behind, putting my sword to her neck.

“Call off the singing spell or else she gets it!” I called out a couple of times to the sirens. 

I couldn’t hear a word coming out of my mouth, but I could tell from the expressions of the others that they heard me loud and clear. They both nodded and I gestured for them to come up from the water.  I pressed the sword closer to the siren’s neck, making sure they knew I meant business. Her scales were sharp and scraped against my armor as she wiggled and screamed in my arms. I was a lot stronger than her,  so I managed to keep a good grip. I looked over at Zack, who seemed to be coming to his senses now. I took an earbud out and I could finally hear what she was yelling.